Thinking about signing up for DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, is the best deal available for someone switching from E* the one from the D* web page? A free HD DVR, 3 months of free Showtime & Starz, and a $10/month for 12 month rebate.

So, is the best deal available for someone switching from E* the one from the D* web page? A free HD DVR, 3 months of free Showtime & Starz, and a $10/month for 12 month rebate.

If you can get a FREE HD DVR, that is the best I have seen.

If you have to buy the HD DVR, the best deal I have seen on it is at Costco, where you get the DVR for 200 after instant 100$ rebate and then the same programming package and 10$ off per month for 10 months that everyone else. The last time I checked, you also got a $50 card for Costco by mail, which to me is better than a junk portable DVD player (you can buy those thing REALLY cheap @ woot, e. al. if you really want one.)

If you can get a FREE HD DVR, that is the best I have seen.

After working my way through a lot of screens, the final page showing the deal does show a HD DVR for $99 with a $99 rebate on it, making it free.

That's signing up for a rather large programming package that will cost me about $120/month after the promotion ends. Which is roughly what I am paying E* right now.

Tom,
You may want to look at this deal for Sat. Guys members:

Plasma TVs, LCD TVS, and HDTV Flat Screen TV Accessories - Plasma Concepts

It is better than the deal on the DIRECTV web page.

Thanks,
Bob Doseck
Plasma Concepts

Thanks for the lead, but as I have no interest in the NFL:ST or NASCAR packages, that deal isn't quite the discount that it appears to be.

Shouldn't your deal be getting updated, given that NASCAR is about over and the NFL season is more than half over now? If it had the MLB:EI package instead of the NFL, then I would be tempted.

D* is now matching the 10% discount off of the basic package now. My deal said I'd get $120 off ($10/mon) over the first year, in addition to the free HD DVR and discounted movie package.

After working my way through a lot of screens, the final page showing the deal does show a HD DVR for $99 with a $99 rebate on it, making it free.

That's signing up for a rather large programming package that will cost me about $120/month after the promotion ends. Which is roughly what I am paying E* right now.

Oops, I was wrong. Too many DVR and Plus and FREE terms being used and I failed to recognize that the free DVR was a D* PLUS DVR, not a D* HD PLUS DVR. So only the SD DVR is included free.

Oh well. That's not a deal breaker. If I'm going to eventually be paying $1400+ a year for a suscription, paying $200 for a HD DVR isn't a big deal. Over the course of three years, it is only the difference of paying $4400 vs $4200.

Oops, I was wrong. Too many DVR and Plus and FREE terms being used and I failed to recognize that the free DVR was a D* PLUS DVR, not a D* HD PLUS DVR. So only the SD DVR is included free.

Oh well. That's not a deal breaker. If I'm going to eventually be paying $1400+ a year for a suscription, paying $200 for a HD DVR isn't a big deal. Over the course of three years, it is only the difference of paying $4400 vs $4200.

Whoops, I meant to say that Costco has the HD-DVR for $169 net and each additional HD-DVR is 269. They also have the HD receivers for 85 each. Their replacement policy is why I ended up getting mine there.

I agree with you, it doesn't make a big difference where you get it, as I am not planning on changing again in the near future. :)

We switched from E* and got D* in the beginning of September, so far so good. Switched mainly b/c of the BTN and a NFL and better deal. Go firure that E* picks up the BTN a week or two later.

Probably never go back to E* though b/c I returned my 622 receiver back to them in Sep. and they end up charging me $375 anyway, its been an ordeal ever since. They know the dang thing is there b/c I confirmed it with a UPS tracking #. I don't know what the heck their problem is.

i just signed up since my commitment to e was done. I got the hd dvr for $99
plus the dvr hd plus package for $45 for a year. The Install date is even on a saturday so no work missed

guess i have to redo the signiture get rid of the dish info lol. I have nothing bad to say about E but the deal with d is better finacially at least for the 1rst year.

What now

If you are thinking about signing up for DirecTV we urge you to wait a few days.

Details are coming SOON on the best deal on new DirecTV service ANYWHERE!

Stay tuned!

I'm a brand new subscriber, and this is the first thread I've read. I joined because I just placed my order on Monday, schedualed for install on Tue 12/11. Seriously, should I cancel & wait? Hate to put up with TWC any longer than I have to.

I'm a brand new subscriber, and this is the first thread I've read. I joined because I just placed my order on Monday, schedualed for install on Tue 12/11. Seriously, should I cancel & wait? Hate to put up with TWC any longer than I have to.

That was posted last July 20th. I think that is old news now and there are better deals to be had now (although I didn't think it was any better than any others, i.e. Costco, etc. at that time.)

Cincyray how did you get the HD DVR for $99. Did you order by phone and tell them that you were switching from E? Everytime I go through the online ordering I get the $199 price.

Cincyray how did you get the HD DVR for $99. Did you order by phone and tell them that you were switching from E? Everytime I go through the online ordering I get the $199 price.

I'm pretty sure he did not get it for that price. The D sales people are confused about promos and often get the instant 100 off promo (making cost of HDDVR 199) mixed up with 100 off first bill (which is not a valid promo). However the price for the D HDDVR is supposed to go down on 1/10/08 making the cost 99 after 100 instant rebate as reported by Scott. I would sugest waiting until then to sign up.

However the price for the D HDDVR is supposed to go down on 1/10/08 making the cost 99 after 100 instant rebate as reported by Scott. I would sugest waiting until then to sign up.

I was just about ready to pull the trigger and switch from E*. Now I guess I should wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)