Thinking about taking the plunge (installation ?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Addicted2HD

Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
I'm thinking about taking the plunge with DirecTV, but from what I'm reading my installation will not be "basic".

I have a theater room in the basement where I want an HD-DVR, I also want an HD-DVR in my living room and just an HD STB in my bedroom. Of course I want to be able to record two programs at once and a total of 4 unique programs concurrently at any one time between the two DVRs.

Currently I have dedicated coax lines from an outdoor splitter to the basement and living room TVs and one additional splitter inline before the bedroom TV (which could be removed if necessary).

Sounds like I need a multiswitch or multiple multiswitches. Can anyone clarify? I've never dealt with satellite before, always had cable.

TIA,
Scott

Greetings and Welcome, It's not as bad as you think. All you need is a Single Wire MultiSwitch and some splitters that is rated for Directv. You can use your current wireing allong with directv approved splitters and be able to record anything you want to :)

Greetings and Welcome, It's not as bad as you think. All you need is a Single Wire MultiSwitch and some splitters that is rated for Directv. You can use your current wireing allong with directv approved splitters and be able to record anything you want to :)

Cool, thanks. All of that covered in a free installation or at least able to be added on by the installer at time of install?

Single Wire Multiswitches may not be widely available in all area's of the country. A few sponsors sell them though for reasonable prices. I myself have a singe wire setup, and it is great. I bought the single wire equipment myself though and installed it myself. I just tied it into my existing setup.

Cool, thanks. All of that covered in a free installation or at least able to be added on by the installer at time of install?

If you get lucky you could get the single wire switch but if you don't they will just run two wires for each DVR and one for the receiver for a total of 5. They will install the multiswitch for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)