Thinking about upgrading to a new receiver, but which one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nolee29

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Hawaii
I have been with Dish for a while under no contract. I currently have a 625 and a 522 for 3 tv's. I have looked on the website but there's not enough information. Can someone help me out? Any suggestions?

what are your recording needs? any OTA stations you want?

I do record alot and I want something that I will be able to watch another station while recording. Right now, when I am recording, I have to watch that or watch another station on another TV. What exactly is OTA stations? Does that mean local?

I do record alot and I want something that I will be able to watch another station while recording. Right now, when I am recording, I have to watch that or watch another station on another TV. What exactly is OTA stations? Does that mean local?
OTA means Over The Air or locals by your own antenna

You would still be able to get your locals through DISH but the OTA, if you can get them easily in your area, can increase your number of tuners and viewing capabilities. If you need any additional information, please feel free to PM me your account information and I will be happy to help! Thank you!

I have called Dish and if I wanted the Hopper, I would have to pay $100.00. Is that a good deal?

For 4 TV's I would suggest 2 Hoppers/2 Joeys, I am not sure what you will end up paying. I was a new sub and went with 2 Hoppers/3 Joeys, and I am happy with that setup. As for $100, that isn't too bad but I do not know what a 2 Hoppers setup will cost you.

Definitely PM MaryB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts