Thinking of ditching Dish and the 922 for an HR34. Interface screenshots?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what does this have to do with anything he asked for? the GUI screen shots of each and every screen from the HR22 - 24 in the CE thread is exactly what he was looking for. if he spent 5mins with the search tool he would have had everything he asked for a more. it's already provided.

I Believe the OP was asking about the interface-GUI- for the HR34. The HD interface for the HR34 is yet to exist [soon?].
The picture Iceberg posted--the Old SD interface-- IS the HR34 GUI.

I Believe the OP was asking about the interface-GUI- for the HR34. The HD interface for the HR34 is yet to exist [soon?].
The picture Iceberg posted--the Old SD interface-- IS the HR34 GUI.

you missed what the point was for this particular quote regard "D* doesn't get the same attention as E*" ; it was not a general comment .. anyway the OP was shown the correct GUI along with where to find even more pics for what the HD GUI looks like in CE and it was all previous to anything Ice posted. did you go back that far into the thread? LOL

you missed what the point was for this particular quote regard "D* doesn't get the same attention as E*" ; it was not a general comment .. anyway the OP was shown the correct GUI along with where to find even more pics for what the HD GUI looks like in CE and it was all previous to anything Ice posted. did you go back that far into the thread? LOL

Nice Try at evasion. Why be snide? The OP in post 1 was looking for The HR34 GUI, [go back and read] other posters keep steering to the HD GUI which is not on the HR34. Iceberg provided a picture of the HR34's STDS. You didn't help; Case Closed.

Yes, the HD GUI is on the HR34. You just have to download the CE, very easy to do. I had it on mine since day 1 it was installed.

Nice Try at evasion. Why be snide? The OP in post 1 was looking for The HR34 GUI, [go back and read] other posters keep steering to the HD GUI which is not on the HR34. Iceberg provided a picture of the HR34's STDS. You didn't help; Case Closed.

Nice try ....

The OP asked to see the HR34 gui, didn't ask for the SD version or the HD version ...

obvious YOU haven't read the entire thread... yawn, winter not over yet grizbear? back in the cave. LOL

Is it normal for it to take about five seconds for the guide/menu/list to come up when clicking one of them on the remote? That is annoying.

Rey,
Have you played with the Native setting on/off on your 34 to see if that helps the issue at all ?
Yeah I've never used native. I'm guessing here that it's just the software that needs work. Hr24 is very fast. I'm sure D* will get it right. Wise choice on your part to wait until all the kinks are out before considering the hr34. It's a great piece of equipment despite these minor annoyances.

In my case I was wondering if it's because it's been less than 12 hours since it was installed so maybe the guide is still filling up causing it to be slow. But if others are having issues maybe that's not it. Have one other receiver in a bedroom that has the new UI and it's very fast. I did make sure native was off and it was. Fiddled with things to no avail. Mayhaps it's just because it's new. Worth it in the long run getting it at the discounted price.

Another issue while I'm thinking about it. Set up several series recordings to only record "first run." And it's showing that it will record every episode on all of them whether new or not. I notice that shows aren't showing in the guide descriptions as "new" or "repeat." Is it always like that?

Also, I don't have locals yet. Anyone know if you don't have locals if you are able to access network On Demands like NBC On Demand, for example? Can't test for myself as the D* router won't detect my home network for some reason.

You do have a point. After the first 12-24hrs the box settles in and works better. But follow whatever advise jimbo gave you as he's on of the vets here and be patient. The HR34 will improve.

In my case I was wondering if it's because it's been less than 12 hours since it was installed so maybe the guide is still filling up causing it to be slow. But if others are having issues maybe that's not it. Have one other receiver in a bedroom that has the new UI and it's very fast. I did make sure native was off and it was. Fiddled with things to no avail. Mayhaps it's just because it's new. Worth it in the long run getting it at the discounted price.

Another issue while I'm thinking about it. Set up several series recordings to only record "first run." And it's showing that it will record every episode on all of them whether new or not. I notice that shows aren't showing in the guide descriptions as "new" or "repeat." Is it always like that?

Also, I don't have locals yet. Anyone know if you don't have locals if you are able to access network On Demands like NBC On Demand, for example? Can't test for myself as the D* router won't detect my home network for some reason.

Shady,
Patience is a virtue !
Give it 24-48 hours and see if it picks up.
When you do a CE thats also a point to be made, as theres a lot of info being loaded.

As for the First Run recordings, in the guide info, it should have the date that the program is first aired ....

Also, you may want to go into your Menu/Recordings/Manage Recordings and set your Defaults to what you want them to be as well as the individual recording you set.

When I set up one of my New HR24's, I also had that issue, it would record both, even after I set it up, but it hasn't done it since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Installation - HD Channels

DirecTiVo launched since the last time I was here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)