Thinking of Subscribing to Dish Network... thoughts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RandyRhoads

Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
North America
Hey guys! I've had Dish Network before.... 1000.2 dish and 2 211ks. I used to do the prepaid account because I do not have a SSN. I'm Canadian and have heard that you can use a SIN number to sign up and a CC from Canada does work. My friend has Directv and they gave him a hard time about using a SIN number, but he does indeed have Directv (since 2012)

My question is, if they above stuff DOES work, and I already have a dish in place, will Dish mail me the new stuff I want, (Hopper 2 etc, I have 4 TVs I need boxes on.) and let me install it?

I also am pointing at 110 119 129 and 129 is a bit weak, can I buy the East LNB and put it on my 1000.2 LNB bracket without issue?

Thanks!

I think you're going to need a friend in the US to take shipment, and get it to you. And you'll have to buy everything.

If you do this, buy a H3. This will avoid some problems.

This is legal under Canadian law?

I think you're going to need a friend in the US to take shipment, and get it to you. And you'll have to buy everything.

If you do this, buy a H3. This will avoid some problems.

This is legal under Canadian law?

I believe it is a “grey” area under Canadian law.

I think it is generally frowned upon by the CRTC.

Not exactly like here in the USA, where it is perfectly legal from a US standpoint to subscribe to Shaw Direct, if you get a Canadian address broker.

I should have mentioned, I live on a border town, i have an address I can use, and thought that maybe instead of getting them to install it, they just drop off equipment or ship it to me, and still do the 2 year plan..

You might be able to have them install it at the US address and then uninstall and re install yourself at the CA address. That’s probably the only option. And you have to consider any laws involved both US and CA laws.
Only issue is I would be using a Postal outlet as my address. Probably not good lol.

Ill just forget about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)