Thinking of switching to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gio164

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I've been with direct for two and a half years, and have been very happy with them. I have an old Hughes E86 that I've had enough of, and I don't want to have to fork over $300 for a new receiver. I called direct to see if they would cut me a break and they said no way. Dish makes very nice offer when it comes to hd receivers(free) but I'm not to sure about there programing or customer sevice. So what it comes down to is that I don't want to switch, but its hard not to.

I prefer E* over D* because of the free equipment as well. I will never pay upfront costs for owned receivers tied to a company, so thats why I wont go for D*. E* isn't that bad so try them out...

PS. Welcome to the Forum :)

call this number 1-800-600-8977 they will help you out and if you do not get what you want the first time try again it can't hurt.

I say keep your existing receiver as when the MPEG-4 transition happens D* is rumored to help out with the hardware switchouts.

Lee you the man! For what ever reason they were very eager to help me out this time.
Thanks for the help.

I have had both up till about 2 months ago and D* is the over-all best way to go.

The rental boxes from E* aren't as good as the cheapest D* boxes and their entire rental option is just too much like cable for my tastes.

Over the span of a year or so, you end up paying more money for a vastly inferior receiver.

ONLY the D* HD receivers cost money anyway, their standard receivers (up to 4) are free with install and YOU OWN THEM and the DISH!

E* also seems to lack the drive to become the industry leader or to keep their current customers happy.

They also have some sneaky, hidden charges for simple things that other companies (even cable) do not charge for.

I like D* because I own my equipment.

I have never liked the E* lease option because whenever you cancel they are always sneaky about charging you for returning the receivers late.

The only thing owning an E* receiver helps you out is if you want to get something below the AT packages...

But if you are getting an AT package, there's no problem leasing. What's the point for owning a piece of equipment if they charge also charge you $4.99 just to use the receiver... Now if dish actually let owned receivers have no fees, then they would be treated fairly. Also they need to dump the stupid DVR fee, because why should you have to pay a monthly fee for something that a piece of equipment is supossed to do all by itself...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts