Third Directv receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wdahl99

Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I have tried to figure out the best way to add a third receiver. I currently have 1 receiver upstairs with a line running into my attic right off the dish, and a second receiver on the main level with a line running right off the dish into my basement. I have a triple LNB dish.
I would like to add an HDTV receiver in my basement. I was told by directv to buy a multiwitch and put that on the line currently running into my basement and run 2 receivers off that,and leave the upstairs receiver running right off the dish. The problem is that the multi switch has 2 inputs for the sattelite and 1 input for an antenna, with 4 outputs for receivers.
What goes into the 2 satellite inputs? I only have one line in the basement. When i hook up the one line to the 18v input then try and hook up the receivers only one will work at a time the other one will say searching for satellite signal. If I disconnect both then the first one reconnected will work.
I beleive this will never work without more lines from the satellite. What would be the easiest solution?

Thanks

Return that multiswitch it won't work for HDTV. Your Dish already has a 4 output multiswitch built in. You will need another line run from your dish to the basement for the HDTV receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD Tivos show up now . . . too little too late

DSL and TIVO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)