Third Directv receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wdahl99

Feb 4, 2005
I have tried to figure out the best way to add a third receiver. I currently have 1 receiver upstairs with a line running into my attic right off the dish, and a second receiver on the main level with a line running right off the dish into my basement. I have a triple LNB dish.
I would like to add an HDTV receiver in my basement. I was told by directv to buy a multiwitch and put that on the line currently running into my basement and run 2 receivers off that,and leave the upstairs receiver running right off the dish. The problem is that the multi switch has 2 inputs for the sattelite and 1 input for an antenna, with 4 outputs for receivers.
What goes into the 2 satellite inputs? I only have one line in the basement. When i hook up the one line to the 18v input then try and hook up the receivers only one will work at a time the other one will say searching for satellite signal. If I disconnect both then the first one reconnected will work.
I beleive this will never work without more lines from the satellite. What would be the easiest solution?

Thanks

Return that multiswitch it won't work for HDTV. Your Dish already has a 4 output multiswitch built in. You will need another line run from your dish to the basement for the HDTV receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)