This AM most (if not all) Finance Institutions have VOOM Shutdown

Yes they are....promising new channels soon and a DVR. while saying they've heard the rumors but nothing from the company. That was about an hour ago.

I would think that if James was serious about shutting the company down within the next 30 days he would have made the arrangements last night around 6:30 to tell the gm's of the csr's to no longer accept clients. If the dark day is set for March 31 and you sign up for service on March 30 then what happens to you? Are you just ignored? It doesn't make any sense in my opinion to accept new customers if your going to shut it down. But by allowing the csr's to continue accepting new customers then there is something else going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully we can expect something after today's board meeting

I don't think we should get concered with every media outlet saying Voom is going to be shut down. This is how the media works....they all print/say what everyone else is saying. It is a well known fact that the major news networks don't come up with any stories of their own. They read the early edition of the NY Times to see what has already been printed, then they go to air with what the Times has already said. These outlets are just jumping on the wagon. Plus, the media loves bad news and they love watching people fail even more. In this light, of course they are going to post that Voom is being shutdown.

As for what Sean said about people in certain media outlets having stock in CVC, or in other words, a bias toward CVC; I wouldn't doubt that for a second. What they print won't change the final deal, but they are in the business of creating "talk". Just look at how major newspapers and the big 3 TV media outlets treat politics. I am not saying the media wants Voom to fail in the way they want other people to fail, Voom is small time to them. However, it is the way the media operates.

WSJ has an article that is more neutral, IMO. The first sentence goes like "Voom's future was uncertain after the two Dolan family members who lead Cablevision released conflicting memos to employees about whether the satellite business would continue".

danielle_s said:
I
Hopefully we can expect something after today's board meeting
Danielle...did I miss something again while at lunch? Is there another board meeting today?

i think the dad needs to have the son picked off and follow his dreams without his son getting in the way.im just gathering this from what ive read but maby im wrong but tom is a #$@##$# i wish they would settle this crap and get this show on the road with new channels and dvr. sorry if i opffend anyone..

gutter said:
Danielle...did I miss something again while at lunch? Is there another board meeting today?

If you look back at the last couple of months, cablevision has been holding meetings every tuesday.

It's a lot of reading I know but even someone noted that cablevision was having a meeting today. I'm not sure which thread but if you want I'll look.

danielle_s said:
If you look back at the last couple of months, cablevision has been holding meetings every tuesday.

It's a lot of reading I know but even someone noted that cablevision was having a meeting today. I'm not sure which thread but if you want I'll look.

I would never question you. I take your word. Well if that is the case, then look for another Press release about 7pm?

I'm looking forward to a another press release, but even if they don't release one it doesn't mean the the meeting wasn't a success.

Regardless the outcome, I would just like to know wtf they're talking about.

gutter said:
How much of these headlines are do to publishing deadlines of last night before the second release? I am just curious if that is part of the response or the reason the second release was ignored.
The press release last night were both reasonably early and within about an hour. The path of distribution is better for an established company like CVC. (Although NO press release on the matter has appeared on their site. No SEC filings either.)
Sean Mota said:
And just to add: What is really sad... is that they all have ignored (so far) the Press Release. Makes you wonder why since it was made public since last evening. Their objectivity journalism has been clouded by whatever happens to be their agenda. Sad to say...
It comes back to having a press release from the owner and one from a wannabe owner. Yes, Voom HD LLC isn't the usual wannabe. But their authority is limited and apparently their ability to get a message to the world is also limited.

JL

justalurker said:
But their authority is limited and apparently their ability to get a message to the world is also limited.

JL

No the financial places are just slow picking up news. Check the wires and you will see that now they are reporting about the memos send by Charles and Tom Dolan. May tomorrow evening they will start publishing the voom website shutdown. :D

Ia m not shocked that there is no SEC filing yet. One will have to come sonn but the deadline was yesterday. It may mean that they are still talking or it may mean that the accountants ands lwyers have not come to agrement yet.

From the glimmer of hope department ...

Geronimo said:
Ia m not shocked that there is no SEC filing yet. One will have to come sonn but the deadline was yesterday.
The SEC filing I was concerned with was an 8K enclosing yesterdays news. They put one out the day after each of the Jan 20th and Feb 10th announcements as well as the day after their conference call. Officially filing what they had published.

But on the day after "we're shutting it down" they didn't file that important press release as an 8K and it is a change in position for the company from the last 8K. Which makes me wonder if they don't want it in their "permanent record' :D

It is faint, but a glimmer of home on a snowy night.

JL

Sean put up a thread regarding the various news stories yesterday:
This AM most (if not all) Finance Institutions have VOOM Shutdown

You links should be addeed to that thread.

NY Post Article Describes Dueling Dolans and Backs 2nd Memo Sent by Charles Dolan

The New York Post confirms the behind the scenes battle between the Dolans and the 2nd memo alluded to in this forum: http://www.nypost.com/business/41598.htm

Seems like there is a lot of behind the scenes jockeying going on. I certainly wouldn't give up hope yet.