this has been bugging me

zap2346

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I don't know if this is a stupid question or not but how do dish and cable companies get the channels they broadcast?
i know you can't receive them with an antenna

thanks

thanks for the answer
i'll do a little research and try to find someone with a very large dish
i have someone in mind

what else but give out free tv to everyone in the neighborhood of course

i feel like tv is too expensive
i'll give it free to residential
and charge for digital channels ch.100 up
and charge businesses even for channels i don't put digital
you get 99 non digital and 100 up is the pay for digitals
it will bring a little profit

you do know how expensive installing the system will be? you can pay for tv the rest of your life for just about what you will be able to install this system for.

you see money is nothing i have to worry about

yep i can spend as much money as it takes and still have some

i feel like tv is too expensive
i'll give it free to residential
and charge for digital channels ch.100 up
and charge businesses even for channels i don't put digital
you get 99 non digital and 100 up is the pay for digitals
it will bring a little profit

Where is the mention of the needed decoders and the fees you will pay monthly. quarterly, yearly or so (most programming is NOT FREE), the licensing, govt and regulatory permits, insurance and such?

Trust me, this is NOT going to happen and really comes off more as a scam or a severe underestimation of what it is you think you can do.

fcc licensing

my lawyer is going to help me with all the licensing for the phone service but i just recently thought to add tv to the mix
i'll have to speak to her

this is not a scam and i'm just trying to push these money grubbing corperations out of the way

Then I sincerely and apologetically retract the SCAM comment BUT stand by the severe underestimation. Sorry, just being very truthful.

HEY TATE, see you are Home of the King! I am in Memphis these days; post transfer! Great sticky weather huh?

so then you know that cable and sat companies PAY the stations for the rights to carry them, right? ESPN gets $2-3 per subscriber for example.. if not more.

Mentioned in post #11 and still not sure what the answer was on that. AND those rates are foe the BIG BOYS; he would either likely be denied or charged out the KRAZY ASS.

so then you know that cable and sat companies PAY the stations for the rights to carry them, right? ESPN gets $2-3 per subscriber for example.. if not more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)