This is so awesome!

I'm running a Kitztech KT-200-COAX preamp, and it works perfectly. You have to get a waterproof box for it though, so I bought one from Home Depot. I previously was using a new model CM7777, but when I raised my antenna mast, the new higher signal level swamped out the preamp, and almost all my uhf channels were no longer receivable. I didn't know at first that's what was going on, or I would have inserted an attenuator before the preamp.

http://kitztech.com/ scroll down to mid-bottom right corner.

Note: using a high gain preamp in your system, you probably will also HAVE to install an FM trap filter before it (If you have some vhf channels). MOST peoples local fm stations are broadcasting at more than twice the power of their local tv channels, and that can swamp out your vhf channels.

What pre amp did you order??
The RCA RCATVPRAMP1R Outdoor Antenna Preamplifier (RCATVPRAMP1R)
I'm running a Kitztech KT-200-COAX preamp, and it works perfectly. You have to get a waterproof box for it though, so I bought one from Home Depot. I previously was using a new model CM7777, but when I raised my antenna mast, the new higher signal level swamped out the preamp, and almost all my uhf channels were no longer receivable. I didn't know at first that's what was going on, or I would have inserted an attenuator before the preamp.

http://kitztech.com/ scroll down to mid-bottom right corner.

Note: using a high gain preamp in your system, you probably will also HAVE to install an FM trap filter before it (If you have some vhf channels). MOST peoples local fm stations are broadcasting at more than twice the power of their local tv channels, and that can swamp out your vhf channels.
Thanks I will keep this in mind definitely....it's kinda pricy but I may endup getting it next month....

The RCA RCATVPRAMP1R Outdoor Antenna Preamplifier (RCATVPRAMP1R)

Can you cancel the order? what's odd is their site as of right now shows available same day shipping

That item is readily available at a lot of different places if you look around the internet. I think even Walmart carries it

Primestar, this model you posted does the amplifier (larger part) go outside too.....

On the KT-200 - COAX model, the preamp goes up on/near the antenna. Then the power inserter is normally close to your tv set, and hooked into the end of the coax there. Then a short jumper coax goes from a port on the power inserter, to the tv set.

Ice to get back to the antenna's from the justice thread pertaining to KPLC and WAFB/WBRZ....

From the drawing you showed me....I would have to buy another antenna and preamp (of course). I have a TiVo but it's connected to the cable......The cable wire from the antenna runs straight through the tv. So the yagi and preamp I purchase (the new one) I face Lake Charles. The current yagi I face Baton Rouge and keep it in the preamp with the uhf (current set up). I would then connect the single yagi/pre amp (Lake Charles) and the yagi/uhf/pre amp (current set up) to the combiner I purchased last august. Then run the line to the tv and see what occurs...

Ice to get back to the antenna's from the justice thread pertaining to KPLC and WAFB/WBRZ....

From the drawing you showed me....I would have to buy another antenna and preamp (of course). I have a TiVo but it's connected to the cable......The cable wire from the antenna runs straight through the tv. So the yagi and preamp I purchase (the new one) I face Lake Charles.
yes

The current yagi I face Baton Rouge and keep it in the preamp with the uhf (current set up).
yeah if you can do that.
I would then connect the single yagi/pre amp (Lake Charles) and the yagi/uhf/pre amp (current set up) to the combiner I purchased last august. Then run the line to the tv and see what occurs...
nope. Need a A/B type switch to switch between the different setups. You cant combine the VHF only with a VHF/UHF that is already combined. Thats why I asked what you had to record (if anything).
Or unhook the cable each time. Thats why I thought if you had a way to record the stations thats why I made the suggestion of hooking up the VHF to the one you watch more of (Baton ROuge or KPLC). But since you arent recording its a moot point.

Reactions: localclassictvfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)