Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is what 3D needs to succeed!

A local sports bar is offering the Olympics in 3D and everyone gets a free pair of 3D glasses. And they promise always to have something on in 3D after the Olympics is done. (Then they will charge $2 a pair for 3D glasses for anyone who needs them.)

The Bristol Press: Bristol, Conn., and surrounding areas (BristolPress.com)

I have never been to this place but plan on going tomorrow night after work.

If more places did this 3D would have a lot more exposure!

one more reason I miss Connecticut! hope it works out well and catches on, helps that it's in ESPN's back yard. Scott, please post your impression and whether it was being utilized by a lot of patrons, thanks.

This would be neat, nobody around here offering that. Maybe it will catch on.

I thought ESPN 3D was out of business. :rolleyes:

How about if we all picked one national chain restaurant which is known for having TV monitors in every possible location, and make a point of discussing the idea with the manager while dining there. I suggest Buffalo Wild Wings or Beef O'Brady, there's one of each near me (I think both of those are national).

Those guys in CT are probably using LG or Vizio TV's, can't imagine them giving out those expensive active glasses for free. Pre-worn Real-D from a local theater, maybe. :)

Don Landis said:
I thought ESPN 3D was out of business. :rolleyes:

Not yet I am actually at ESPN as I type this. Just asked what the future is for the channel and was told "don't know... I know we don't have many events planned in the future."

We are headed there now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ok we are here now. They sat us in an area where there is no 3d tv. :(

They have 3 3D tvs here one in the restaurant and two in the bar. I haven't seen them yet but will go wondering before I leave.

The 3d tv in the restaurant is not tuned into the 3d it's watching msnbc.

More later. Food is here.

Attachments

• image-1528914133.jpg
    image-1528914133.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 163
I couldn't help it I left the food and went into the bar. Out of the 3 sets they have only one is tuned into 3d... And they are out of glasses.

The tvs are the lg brand, I'm not sure if they are even 40 inches in size (they are hanging from the ceiling). They could be 32 inch.

Not what I expected or hoped for. :(

Must have been busy. I would have bet my hero Scott would have asked to be seated near the 3D TV and have his own pair of passive glasses in his pocket.

Maybe next time.

Well we just left disappointed. I was hoping to eat and watch some Olympics in 3d but where they had the tv you could only stand and watch and where you could stand was the doorway to the bar.

Attachments

• image-3664321150.jpg
    image-3664321150.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 178
Thanks Scott. Too bad they had a great idea but couldn't do a decent job of implementing it, won't do much to promote 3D.
Hope the food was good at least.

SSN671 said:
Thanks Scott. Too bad they had a great idea but couldn't do a decent job of implementing it, won't do much to promote 3D.
Hope the food was good at least.

Food was ok but the wings and beer were good. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)