This site and Favoritism between DIRECTV and Echostar...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
guys,

This makes no sense, dish blasts up a loral el-cheapo bird ...or buys the 61.5 off of cablevision and the fireworks are going off and the chest pounding begins... WHATEVER:rolleyes:

DIRECTV blasts up the most advanced telecommunication sats ever , we get a head line and a link????????????????????

they go live with rave reviews, on time, and nothing is said.

WTF???

scott this site is so skewed it is unreal!!!!:devil:

Well Directv is a big sponsor of the Satellite Expo this weekend hopefully We will get some more info about Directv and Spaceway 2 and future plans that include something else that they are going to do with that "advanced telecommunication sat" other than LIL HD.

DirecTV has some very big plans but are keeping very hush hush. I just had a talk wit Marky Davidson from DirecTV a few moments ago.

I am told that when Charlie sees what DirecTV has planned he is going to pee himself. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
DirecTV has some very big plans but are keeping very hush hush. I just had a talk wit Marky Davidson from DirecTV a few moments ago.

I am told that when Charlie sees what DirecTV has planned he is going to pee himself. :D

Boy i sure hope so!! I am loyal to the most HD!!:hungry:

dragon002 said:
guys,

This makes no sense, dish blasts up a loral el-cheapo bird ...or buys the 61.5 off of cablevision and the fireworks are going off and the chest pounding begins... WHATEVER:rolleyes:

DIRECTV blasts up the most advanced telecommunication sats ever , we get a head line and a link????????????????????

WTF???

i have to join with dragon in the fact that the site does seem skewed to dish. but in all fairness and all scott has a point, directv is very hush about stuff, which is good and bad. but i do feel that directv should get a lil more apreciation than we have been lately.

hopefully i havent pissed off scott like dragon did.

RIRWIN1983 said:
i have to join with dragon in the fact that the site does seem skewed to dish. but in all fairness and all scott has a point, directv is very hush about stuff, which is good and bad. but i do feel that directv should get a lil more apreciation than we have been lately.
Let's fact facts....D* gets less attention because they have been promising an HD Revolution for more than two years and, to date, they have largely failed to deliver the goods. It's not what you have, but what you do with it that counts. Bring us some HD (finally) and people will be singing a different tune; they will certainly take notice.

hopefully i havent pissed off scott like dragon did.
I wouldn't worry. You would have to post two years worth of nonsensical idiot-babble, troll the forums using additional aliases after being banned, involve coworkers in your trolling efforts, deny your aliases and trolling efforts after getting caught, fondly boast of your screwing over paying customers and other unethical behavior, insult a very good installation tech, verbally threaten your fellow installation professionals, get banned yet again, bash VOOM DBS and the HD programming forums endlessly (even though you don't even possess a HDTV), and probably be involved with criminally deviant behavior before you can sink to the dragon's level.

riffjim4069 said:
Let's fact facts....D* gets less attention because they have been promising an HD Revolution for more than two years and, to date, they have largely failed to deliver the goods.

Can you please expand on your statement. While D*'s been a bit late saying what they said they were going to do in this press release, http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.jsp?id=01-06-2005A they are moving along, just not as fast as what we would hope for. SW1 was late due to some issues once it was launched and before it was turned over to D*. SW2 was late due to issue with the other satellite that Arien was launching on the same launch platform.

They are currently rolling out the local HD markets. Any additional national HD channels need to wait until next year for D10 and D11.

And just so we're clear, I'm not a D* fan boy. I don't like the HD Lite programming. I don't like not having a MPEG4 DVR available yet. I don't like their new leasing model vs. purchase. My point is that I don't see where they have "largely failed to deliver the good" as you've stated.

dragon002 said:
guys,

WTF???

And I havent gotton one new National HD network from D*. Dish is blowing them out of the water and with vastly superior PQ. D* is still a company that will not even admit they have a problem.

rad said:
Can you please expand on your statement.
There's not much to add...I've been reading about D*'s grandiose plans of "being the HD leader" for more than two years and, as of today, they offer a handful of HD-Lite nationals in addition to four HD-Lite LIL channels I really don't need. They are well behind E*, FiOS, and most leading cable providers. I've also been waiting for D* to be a real powerhouse in the delivery of HD content....I'm still waiting.

Instead of this "all of nothing mentality" I feel that D* should have focused on expanding their HD lineup during 2004 and 2005 by adding new full bitrate HD nationals. Their lineup was pretty much stagnant for two years and their HD PQ remains something less than...well, high definition. In a nutshell, they are going from famine to feast...when it would have been much more prudent IMO to incrementally build their HD lineup. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it's my opinion.

I'm actually impressed with how E* has been growing their HD lineup...not a lot of fanfare, but they work the deals and the HD just seem to pop up along the way. I just dropped $$$ buying a new Dish HD DVR and was just a little ticked that D* was STILL not a viable option due to their lack of HD programming. I really thought I would have addition HD choices here in the Spring of 2006.

Again, I'm all about having choices and will gladly subscribe to whomever can provide me with the most HD, best quality HD, and best entertainment value. D* has not been, and is still not, a viable option for my HD dollar. I hope this changes---SOON!---because competition is a good thing!

I hate the term Supermods.... makes me feel like I am a whale turd just being a lowly member. let the others keep that designation if that makes them feel good. I like the term "staff." Makes me feel closer and that I can communciate on a closer level.

Thank you "staff" and Scott for being real.

riffjim4069 said:
I wouldn't worry. You would have to post two years worth of nonsensical idiot-babble, troll the forums using additional aliases after being banned, involve coworkers in your trolling efforts, deny your aliases and trolling efforts after getting caught, fondly boast of your screwing over paying customers and other unethical behavior, insult a very good installation tech, verbally threaten your fellow installation professionals, get banned yet again, bash VOOM DBS and the HD programming forums endlessly (even though you don't even possess a HDTV), and probably be involved with criminally deviant behavior before you can sink to the dragon's level.

damn...you got that to a T :)
(pretty much thats what happened)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)