This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's 3740 V sr29270. that would be bleed from 103.0°W AMC 1. The PIDs are not there so they don't scan in properly.

On the Channel Scan screen, I have entered AMC4, 3973/5924/V. I get a lock with 90% Quality and can hear the audio.

When I scan a Single TP, nothing is found, it still saves to the database, and then I get No Signal. When I press the red button, AMC4 is not listed.

If I use one of the satellite names that is listed, like Hellassat, and enter the same frequency and SR as above, I get a lock with 90% Quality and the audio. When I scan a Single TP, nothing is found, it saves to the database, and I still get No Signal. When I press the red button, Hellassat is listed and MeTV1 is the only channel in the Program List. But when I press the yellow button for Channel Detail, the Frequency is 11964 and the SR is 2920.

Maybe my QualiTv is not scanning properly anymore. It still brings in MeTV on 87 just fine.

Well good news. I have a new friend who has volunteered to help me move my 10' dish and I am pretty certain I can persuade him into helping me take down and move those BIG dishes..

So like maybe next weekend we'll move my 10' dish to another pole which has a very slightly better LOS at 101. The tree still has to come down but until then the dish has to be moved, no choice. Without moving it there's just no way to hit 101.

Whew! It's a relief to have help now so I don't have to keep imposing on my poor dad, he's 75 and I can't keep expecting him to help me like he's 30...

:)

Since I have mine slaved I don't use the satellite names. I just have satellite 1 and 2. I am not sure, but it could be a same/close FR on another satellite that could cause this also. If it's not to much trouble, by that I mean not much stored on it you could do a factory default then enter ME and see what happens. The Quali TV have plenty of little quirks that you have to learn about and this is one of them. Good luck and keep me posted.

My QualiTv is definately harder to use than my Openbox S9. MeTV at 101 scanned right in on the Openbox. I like the picture on the QualiTv better, so I don't want to do anything to lose MeTV on 87 while it's still there.

well I moved the 6 footer over there to 101 and both came in fine

70-72 quality on MeTV
67 on ThisTV

Also get the 3 religious stations (GEB, Daystar and the 3rd I forget)

Have they "cranked it down" on 87w? For the longest time I had a rock solid signal on 87 and I never had to touch the dish.
One thing I could always depend on was those two signals being strong and stable, even in very heavy rain storms.

Now it's all over the place, every day I have to move the dish several degrees either way to get them. Like the satellite is drunk driving or something!
Now it reminds me of how it was before on the old satellite before SES2 replaced it, that thing was flaky as all get out.
Now this one is acting just like the old one.. :(

I still haven't moved my dish yet, stupid trees are in the way of 101 and my 10' dish.
Still waiting on the tree people to cut it down. :mad:

A friend told me he would help me take down the junky old 6' WSI rust bucket and move the 10' dish to it's pole. This isn't a guaranteed improvement but it won't hurt.
So until I can light a fire under his backside and get him over here it's pointless to try and tune 101 with the 10' dish where it sits.

And OTA is a joke, the local jokers that carry MeTV only run it at full power for a few hours a day, the rest of the time it's running about 30% or worse under normal power.
90% in the day time, like 10am to 8pm they run at 90% signal strength then it starts going down and by 10pm it's down to below 65% and unwatchable. It stays that way until about 10am the next morning. Every single day.
I've tried contacting the station but they totally ignore me. F them... :mad: I give up on local MeTV..

I sure hope the new satellite is as strong as SES2. Maybe they will crank up the power on it ?

OTA reception here is rock solid as long as you use high gain antennas that are high in the air. I run stacked winegard UHF antennas and a vhf hi band antenna for channel 13.1 and 13.2 (vhf digital). i use a blonder tongue low noise distribution amp and actually feed two of my neighbors with OTA tv!

Have they "cranked it down" on 87w?
working fine here in Minneapolis on the 6 footer

And yeah we all know about your "issues" with the local MeTV affiliate. You dont need to post it in every thread that pertains to MeTV. We've been down that road and some of us have given you lots of suggestions with how to deal with that station and its quirkiness (considering one of the facts is they broadcast on 2 different transmitters on different stations) yet I dont think you have tried any of them

The power was turned up on the 101W transponders after they moved. Works fine with a 6 foot dish now

OTA reception here is rock solid as long as you use high gain antennas that are high in the air.

I agree. But in her case (and again its been posted numerous times) the issue is that the MeTV affiliate is actually broadcasting on TWO different channels on TWO different towers

see post 138 in this thread about the last "rant" on the local MeTV. Actually posts 138-149 has info on it and I've tried to help with options

For myself MeTV comes in fine locally. Its black bar hell all the time (480i widescreen) which sucks but I deal with it

And OTA is a joke, the local jokers that carry MeTV only run it at full power for a few hours a day, the rest of the time it's running about 30% or worse under normal power.
90% in the day time, like 10am to 8pm they run at 90% signal strength then it starts going down and by 10pm it's down to below 65% and unwatchable. It stays that way until about 10am the next morning. Every single day.
I've tried contacting the station but they totally ignore me. F them... :mad: I give up on local MeTV..

While the conspiracy theory is probably fun to think about, you're actually experiencing atmospheric effects. Tropospheric ducting is bringing in competing signals from Houston or New Orleans which are trampling on the KUIL-LD/K36ID-D signal(s). In the Gulf region, ducting is extremely common, occurring almost nightly. While TV meteorologists would love to actually have control over the weather, in reality, they do not. :)

- Trip

working fine here in Minneapolis on the 6 footer

And yeah we all know about your "issues" with the local MeTV affiliate. You dont need to post it in every thread that pertains to MeTV. We've been down that road and some of us have given you lots of suggestions with how to deal with that station and its quirkiness (considering one of the facts is they broadcast on 2 different transmitters on different stations) yet I dont think you have tried any of them

The power was turned up on the 101W transponders after they moved. Works fine with a 6 foot dish now

Thank you, this is good to know. I had read that at first people were having trouble getting it on 101 and people were suggesting that they were transmitting a weak signal on 101.
That they've given it more power is good news..

Now it's all over the place, every day I have to move the dish several degrees either way to get them. Like the satellite is drunk driving or something!

Maybe it's time to make a trip to the dish to make sure all the bolts are tight.

Thank you, this is good to know. I had read that at first people were having trouble getting it on 101 and people were suggesting that they were transmitting a weak signal on 101.
That they've given it more power is good news..

The thing I had to do was manually type in the transponder and peak the dish on those 2 transponders. Some reason a blind scan wouldnt get them yet a manual scan locked them at 65 quality on the GeosatPro 200 (and I didnt have to move the dish)

Well us folks with 6 footers this might be better off :)

Peaked dish on MeTV...70 quality
ThisTV...60 quality

did a scan and also popping in from 99 at decent (watchable) results
The Nets
The GDMX channels
KCWY NBC

I'm sure WHT is part of that too but the Manhattan sometimes misses the obvious ones ;) I'll try later to see what all comes in but this might work out better for the folks with the "non 2 degree compliant" 6 foot dishes :p

well just did a little test here with the 6 footer and the GeosatPro

Peaked the dish on 99 and these quality showed up (40 or so is threshold)
52 My Net (4080)
88 WHT
82 Nets
56 PR Net
76 KCWY NBC
48 Living Faith
60 Fox Syndicated (4060)
91 GDMX (3820)

Nothing from 101 registered anything

Then tweaked the dish on MeTV and ThisTV
75 MeTV
62 ThisTV
75 Daystar (4:2:2)
63 Golden Eagles
55 Gods Learning

and the bleedover from 99 was "nice"
0 My Net (4080)
57 WHT
80 Nets
50 PR Net
64 KCWY NBC
40 Living Faith
0 Fox Syndicated (4060)
85 GDMX (3820)

So most of the DVB stuff stayed active even though I am peaked on "101" (well must be like 100.2 or something) ;) Dont know about S2
Also this is in Minneapolis where 99 & 101 are pretty much even in elevation. Other places your mileage may vary :)

it's the same here in lower al. to ice,i love that bleedover..but if i move my dish to 103W,i can't pick up anything but the Ion network,rfd and the california channel,nothing else..i have put other transponders in manually,peak and adjusted dish to the max but nothing else..using openbox s9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)