Three levels of audio fox atlanta HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ok this has really been bugging me lately with the local fox atlanta station. The audio has three distinct levels to it with the voices being the lowest level resulting in my having to put the tv volume at 60 to hear a womans voice while normal foreground and background sounds are actually at normal levels such as papers shuffling or items being moved or traffic and music sound tracks are blaringly loud. I've only noticed the three levels on the fox atlanta station but have noticed that many of the HD channels have a lower audio output as compared to their SD counterparts. My receiver is an H-20 using a hdmi cable to the tv for a/v, even running rca's to the home theater receiver requires that I put it up to 25+ on the volume and it maxes out at 30+. This is my second hd receiver since starting service with direct earlier this year and its been a solid receiver and I know its not a receiver issue but to be sure Im wondering if anyone else in the atlanta area thats getting locals can verify this before I start a campaign to try and get this resolved at directs end because its anoying and creates a problem with my neighbor across the street can hear the music tracks on some of the shows Ive been watching lately.

I do not have these audio issues on my 20 or 21 connected to eithe TV or A/V receiver. Do you have DD audio turned on at the DirecTV receiver?

I cant report anything yet as lastnight was preseason football and I detest pro football so I didnt watch it.

I can say that there is no change in the three levels of audio wether dd is on or off when it comes to watching a local channel in hd wether getting audio through the hdmi or sending it to a home theater receiver through the rca's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts