GEOSATpro thumb drive too slow

The USB 3.0 thumb drive is probably using faster flash memory to keep up with the interface, so it might be a solution, albeit expensive, even at USB 2.0 speeds. Bottom line is write speed. A fast read speed will do no good, and there are many thumb drives with fast read and a much slower write.

The solution of using a USB SD card adapter combined with a Class 10 or higher SD card has worked perfectly for me when using solid state memory instead of a hard drive.

I've used a Kingston 32GB USB2 thumb drive for recording and works fine on the recordings I have tried, but I do note the thumb drive gets rather warm (even hot) when in use. I am suspecting there might be a power limitation going this route, unless newer thumb drives are more efficient. A self powered hard drive would not have this limitation.
Is firewire or IEEE 1342 the equivelant of USB-3? I use a firewire connection to upload video from a camcorder to the PC here, very fast... Uses a different connector than the standard USB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts