TI (not the rapper!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
It looks like the local TI that normally plagues me is gone!. It seems that the signal quality on almost every sat is pegged to the max! Unbelieveable!!!
Hope itnstays gone. I know the Norsat lnb handles TI a lot better than my cheapo's.
Could the norsats internal "steps" in the waveguide may filter out some interference? I know that those TI bandpass filters have those steps too.

I think its phone towers on the hill across from my house. A lot of parabolic (large) microwave antennas. I am assuming they are the offenders.

Ma Bell's terrestrial telephone microwave network shutdown years ago. You may have been getting TI from some other source. In the old days all the LNB's had filters to trap out out of band interference. As noise temps got lower and cost got less they took out all those goodies. Sometimes if you have TI your better off with an old LNB. My buddy that installs commercial systems had a client that no matter what they tried they couldn't lick the TI. He dug out an old LNB and tossed it on the feedhorn and whammo TI gone :)

My norsat has little stair steps in the opening of the flange of the lnb. I bet those muffle out the ti. just guessing because the cheapo's don't have that and are smooth inside.

what frequencies do cellphone providers use to link their towers together for "mobile to mobile" calls? i bet its some sort of microwave signal.
those antennas across from my house are cellphone towers for 3 providers and repeater towers for our local public service personal.
police also have their own computer "wifi" type data system for the police laptops that blankets the city. that could be a c band offender.

Status
Please reply by conversation.