Tiger Woods checks into sex rehab facility in misssissippi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandra, what I meant was that release of anything Nike golf for 2010 was probably planned for back in November....maybe as far back a September.

[Neither] YOU nor I have absolutely NO CLUE what he believes does not believe.
Correct. I don't know. And haven't spoken to him.
But I saw on TV what was called his "apology" and WSJ poking fun at him (themselves?)...

To figure out an apple is rotten you don't have to eat it all, one bite is (more than) enough...

Diogen.

The was the apology that he had. Was it because he got caught ? Maybe. It is an apology none the less. Good enough for me. Some of you want blood. WHY? I do not know. You would think he is the ONLY athlete/celebrity that has ever cheated. Beside, it is none of our business from day one.

Sandra, what I meant was that release of anything Nike golf for 2010 was probably planned for back in November....maybe as far back a September.
This one sounds like a last-minute move by Nike marketing. They develop a set of clubs named for Tiger's trademark attire but don't include him in the marketing campaign:

Nike says that its Victory Red STR8-FIT Tour fairway woods, which will go on sale Jan. 28 for $299, were designed with input from all 13 U.S. golf stars who promote Nike's golf products. But the promotional materials make no mention of Mr. Woods, whose tradition of wearing red shirts on the final day of golf tournaments inspired the Victory Red name.

Nike Launches New Golf Clubs Without Tiger Woods - WSJ.com

Exactly what I said, this was pre planned in advance and they went ahead with the clubs and marketing. Exactly as the story says.
Are you saying it was "pre-planned in advance" to name the clubs after Tiger's trademark Sunday shirt color but not include him in the marketing campaign?? Seriously??

I think it was pre planned not thinking Tiger would be in the PR mess he is in. Nike, in my eyes, went ahead with it to see if they can survive without him. Bold move and a very calculated risk.

Are you saying it was "pre-planned in advance" to name the clubs after Tiger's trademark Sunday shirt color but not include him in the marketing campaign?? Seriously??

Yeah, so even when he was still the pre-Thanksgiving Saint Tiger, Nike was planning a bold and calculated risk to move on ahead without him in a January 2010 advertising campaign. Right. :rolleyes:

There is zero to support that theory.

Sandra

I think it was pre planned not thinking Tiger would be in the PR mess he is in. Nike, in my eyes, went ahead with it to see if they can survive without him. Bold move and a very calculated risk.
Bold move?? I'm sure they had already sunk millions into design and manufacture of the clubs. They probably had no choice but to try to sell them without including Woods' in the marketing materials.

Bold move?? I'm sure they had already sunk millions into design and manufacture of the clubs. They probably had no choice but to try to sell them without including Woods' in the marketing materials.

A bold move would have been to keep Tiger Woods IN their advertising campaign. Nike obviously didn't want to do that. ;)

Sandra

Was it because he got caught ? Maybe. It is an apology none the less. Good enough for me... You would think he is the ONLY athlete/celebrity that has ever cheated. Beside, it is none of our business from day one.
Hehe...
People don't need enemies when they have friends like this...

Diogen.

Yeah, so even when he was still the pre-Thanksgiving Saint Tiger, Nike was planning a bold and calculated risk to move on ahead without him in a January 2010 advertising campaign. Right. :rolleyes:

There is zero to support that theory.

Sandra

THIS release of the NIKE golf was planned in advance. They did not think in a million years that this was gonna happen with Woods. As soon as the news broke, they more thank likely got the marketing group behind THIS particular campaign and they had to make a decision....go ahead or tank it. It is a bold move going AHEAD with the markerting campaign WITHOUT their #1 pitchman. It is a chance to see IF they can sell WITHOUT their #1 guy AND see if the OTHER golfers associated with Nike golf can sell. THAT is what I meant be bold. :rolleyes:

THIS release of the NIKE golf was planned in advance. They did not think in a million years that this was gonna happen with Woods. As soon as the news broke, they more thank likely got the marketing group behind THIS particular campaign and they had to make a decision....go ahead or tank it. It is a bold move going AHEAD with the markerting campaign WITHOUT their #1 pitchman. It is a chance to see IF they can sell WITHOUT their #1 guy AND see if the OTHER golfers associated with Nike golf can sell. THAT is what I meant be bold. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Do you think Nike was planning a non-Tiger campaign for 2010 even before Tiger got into trouble?

Sandra

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Do you think Nike was planning a non-Tiger campaign for 2010 even before Tiger got into trouble?

Sandra

NOOOOOO Sandra....:(

OK....here we go again. NEW Nike golf clubs campaign all planned late last year. Tiger Woods scandal. Meeting to whether to go ahead with their #1 pitchman or not. They decided on going AHEAD, taking a risk WITH the golfers they have associated with this campaign(to see if they are marketable) and taking a risk with the Woods scandal still going on and him nowhere to be found.

THAT is what I meant by bold and risky move.

NOOOOOO Sandra....:(

OK....here we go again. NEW Nike golf clubs campaign all planned late last year. Tiger Woods scandal. Meeting to whether to go ahead with their #1 pitchman or not. They decided on going AHEAD, taking a risk WITH the golfers they have associated with this campaign(to see if they are marketable) and taking a risk with the Woods scandal still going on and him nowhere to be found.

THAT is what I meant by bold and risky move.

OK thanks. When you said it was 'pre-planned' I thought you meant planned pre-scandal. This is actually 'post-planned'. After the scandal they had to scramble just like you said.

Sandra

OK thanks. When you said it was 'pre-planned' I thought you meant planned pre-scandal. This is actually 'post-planned'. After the scandal they had to scramble just like you said.

Sandra

Well, I don't think they scrambled. I think they all sat there, in a daze and someone said, "ok, NOW what do we do with this?"...LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)