Tigers get Willis and Cabrera

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I disagree,
I think the Marlins will be BETTER than they were before the trade. They have a Centerfielder for the next 10-15 years and a stud on the mound, and thats only the two main players, no telling what they got in the rest of them.
I don't know the Marlins position at Catcher, if they are set or not, but Rabello did a deceint job once he got accustom to the big leagues last year.

Jimbo

Nope sorry. This will not make the team better. Last year, they had EVERY SINGLE starter out for atleast one month at one point or another....as well as they had not legit closer. They had a CF issue where no one could play it consistantly well. IF you are saying better than last years team because of the injuries, I would agree. But better than last year before the season start, NO WHERE NEAR close....they got much worse, again....look what YOU gained and look what they gained...

Nor did I see the Twins getting rid of Santana, but baseball has NEVER been the sport of the "untouchable" when it comes to making trades.

Miller and Maybin were labeled "untouchable" also. Your point is made. I think you are right about the BOSOX pitching being better than Detroit's. At least on paper. That's why Willis may be the more important player involved in our trade. Jimbo, you are also right about Bonderman, it's time he steps up and reaches the potential everyone thinks he has. He needs to get his "mind right". The other question mark is Rogers, he is after all 43 and coming of an injury filled season. If, and it's a big if, the staff returns to 2006 form, this team will be the 2008 champs. Pitching is a funny thing, and there is no guarantee that Boston's pitching won't slip from last season either. Clevelands pitching was good in 2005, terrible in 2006, and terrific in 2007. seeing a trend here? There is no accounting for your pitching staff. You put them out there and hope you don't have injuries (Tigers and Yankee's last season, Cleveland in 2006) or off years. As for Detroit's bullpen, well if the starters stay healthy, we'll have 5 guys who may give you 200 innings apiece. That will help keep us out of the bullpen. (middle relief was a disaster last season for the Tigers.

GO TIGERS!!!!

Who would the Tigers get from the Mets ? Catcher ??

Jimbo

Exactly why we won't be seeing Pudge leave. With Willis coming here, and the rest of our fragile staff, Pudge becomes even more important. The only moves I see coming now will probabily involve Inge, Thames, and Durbin, or Grilli.

Nor did I see the Twins getting rid of Santana, but baseball has NEVER been the sport of the "untouchable" when it comes to making trades.

The Yankee's declared themselves out of the Santana derby yesterday. (Yeah ,right. Where did I hear that before? Oh yeah, it was about A-Rod). Boston can deliver a deathblow to the Yankees if they acquire Santana at this point. You know it's got to be killing the Steinbrenners that Boston has won 2 championships since the last time the Yankee's won one. This coming season will be interesting again in the AL, with Cleveland, Detroit, NY, and Boston, competing for 3 playoff spots.

Actually, Santana is not gone ...yet
However, I DO see Santana leaving because I don't think the Twins have the money pay him what others would and IF they don't trade him now or at the trade deadline they will lose the ability to get anything back for him.

Jimbo

Last edited:
What would it take for the Tigers to get Dan Haren from Oakland ?
I think I heard that the Yanks are trying to get him now that Sanatana supposivly is out of the picture.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts