Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I ended up doing two things

-fine tuned the IA8 Primestar dish. I swapped LNB's from the Primestar LNB to a Xtreme LNB (I had to gut the casing behind the eye). The elevation was a little off (had low signals) and I could get it nice and strong but when I locked it down, the signal would drop.

So I did what you can do with a fixed dish. loosened the mast and pulled back on it...and signal jumped from 30 to 50 on ABCNewsNet. ABCNEwsNow still is at a 75 on the Pansat

I did try and put a 2nd LNB on but I have tis weird bracket to keep the LNB on (using it from an old DirecPC dish) so I can slip a 2nd LNB on with no issues. But it has to be 6 degrees off so its either 83 or 95 (not much on either). :(
so I took that down and have just the one LNB up there

This dish had a different type of LNB than mine with a dual coax going into a box on the pole. That only posed the problem of which lead was Horizontal and which was Vertical.
usually on the LNB by the outputs there is a V and a H (I know mine does)

well i do have a weird situation ( and yes mine have both v & h )
ok i knocked down ia6 real easy with the oval went to work with the round
couldn't hit anything... went back to the oval ( and these are mounted seperately)
and knocked down a few more including ia5

the round dish lnb might be bad i can check it later tomorrow its pole mounted in the ground and the top of the pole is cut unlevel but i tried to make sure i was getting a level mount.

but overall i can hit with at least one of the primestars lnb so i know they work and i can find a couple of sats.

man the day just flew by and i still haven't finished having fun....

"I love it when a plan comes together."

I had decided to skip trying to add IA7 to my primestar g10r setup for the weekend. However it looked like rain and I went out to make sure the new switch was waterproof. For laughs I took along the new LNB and simply used electric tape to attach it to the side of of the primestar LNB. I positioned it above and to the right of the existing lnb and used a piece of wood to hold the back of the lnb out so the new lnb faced into the center of the dish. I used a few turns of tape to anchor everything in place and remembered Iafire talking about some spacing between the two. So I wedged a piece of tree bark between the two and taped it in place. Imagine my surprise when I came in and had a 98% signal and 30% quality on White Springs. I know I'll need to make the mounting more permanent and tweak the aim when things dry out, but I have the channel to watch for now!

Thanks for all the tips, photos and instructions everyone!

Well, I was bored, and it is raining, so I moved my Primestar Bucket back to my patio, and set it up for G10 to feed the office again :) Just bored :) And CRAZY!

Maybe I should set up dishes in the rain.. just did a scan, and 11720 is coming in at 46% and some12114 is at 86%, all with the Fortec and with rain. Did not fully tweak!

lol well i have a hard time finding g10r but i find other #'s but they are not listed in surronding sats :( so its hard for me to gauge where i'm at also i'm on the fringe of a tree so i could be blocked . might have to select a new location

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts