Time limit for $99 622

oldbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
Is there a time limit for Dish's offer to upgrade a 921/942 for $99 after April 1. I somehow got the impression that it was a limited time offer. I'd like to either confirm my impression or squash it. Calling Dish wouldn't give me any comfort (how would a CSR know) so I'll ask you guys.

gbjbany said:
no time limit has been mentioned so far for this or the current 299 deal , that i am aware of, but like you i expect there to be one.
Seems like I read somewhere that the current deal expires April 30th.

waltinvt said:
Seems like I read somewhere that the current deal expires April 30th.

I read that as well (I don't remember if the poster got his info from a CSR, a dealer, or insider though). However, as I continue to argue, until the promotion actually starts, we cannot be sure how Dish will handle it or if some the terms might change. We then might be able to get some kind of read on how popular the program is, how useful it is to Dish in accomplishing their goals, and thus how long it will be available.

So I guess my answer to the original question is I don't think we can either confirm or deny it for sure... in my mind, we cannot believe what Dish tells us about something that is supposed to happen in the future. They have been extremely unreliable!!

Now if Scott says it, that would be different! He has a better batting average then the CEO. I am actually amazed at how often he is right; how can anybody be on target that often when Dish can't even be on target that often! :D

Last edited:
I sent an e-mail to Dish about how long the $299 deal for the 622 would last since I don't plan to get my HDTV until June and they replyed today that it would end April 30th. They also said there may be another offer after that date.

Ok good Info ! thanks. I had missed that post elsewhere.
So the $200 rebate, if you trade in, is for a month only then ? or will the rebate last longer but on a different lease cost ?
I better start thinking about getting my $299 deal then as i dont want to trade in.

Last edited:
I guess the real question is: Will the deals get better after April 30th? Or is the $200 rebate as good as it's gonna get?

mcdeeee said:
I guess the real question is: Will the deals get better after April 30th? Or is the $200 rebate as good as it's gonna get?

Definitely, the deal will get better and better as time goes by until MPEG 2 is abandoned. I foresee possible purchase deals, even perhaps straight across 622 exchanges for 921's & 942's. I have waited patiently in the past taking advantage of $149 508's, $249 721's and a $450 921's. It's certain to happen again, especially when Dish is down to less than 5,000-25,000 old MPEG2 HD STB's left in the stream.

The deal could go up for a spell. There have been other deals that got more expensive for a few months before they dropped again. I've read lots of bitter complaints over the years from people who missed out on deals.

Here's what sucks, if you order now and you get an install sometime in April, shouldn't they charge you 99 instead of 299 since its going to take that long anyway? I'm sure by the time April comes around, customers will get installs much faster since supply will probably be a lot closer to demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)