Time Shift

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Can anyone tell me how to use the time shift function (pause live tv). When I push the pause button on the remote nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

I figured it out. Time shift is working great on all channels now accept for Metv, when I try to pause Metv a small hand comes up in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If I hit pause a second time I get a software error box and the receiver reboots.

Is this a know issue or a problem just with my Mio?

The pause didn't work for me on any channel when using the remote. I get an indicator at the top of the screen indicating that the function isn't available. But pausing a stream with vlc on my PC works great.

OSmio4K with TNAP3.2

On 101w? Main or alternate METV?

What device are you recording to?

Will it perform a timed recording of METV?

This wouldn't be specific to a STB, but it could be drive related.

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to be working fine today.

I was trying to pause the main Metv feed and using a USB flash drive. I went ahead and scheduled a timed recording of Metv and it recorded perfectly. I then tried to pause the channel and it worked and has worked several times since. Go figure.

I have to say this is the best receiver I've ever owned. It's amazing. The only thing that would make it any better for me would be a 12 hour clock format. I hope someday that could be added.

Thanks

I'm afraid it did it again. I was watching Antiques Roadshow on PBS, AMC21 and tried to pause it and it crashed again. I don't know what this means but I did notice that in the error information it mentioned Python a number of times.

I was planning on getting an external hard drive in the future, I've never purchased one before so I don't know to much about them.

I'm also planning on purchasing one of the OTA tuner sticks, WHO out of Des Moines has an Antenna TV feed that I like to watch.

I recently purchased a My Book Essential 1TB hard drive and it works great for timed recordings but I still have the same trouble with timeshifting. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

Is there any settings that I might need to change to fix this?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts