TNAP 3.2 Time Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up TNAP 3.2 on my stb.
Most of setup is going smoothly however, how do I set my local time ?
The closest I can get to my time zone here on Cape Cod, is London.
What am I missing ? Is there a plugin I have to download ?
Thanks in advance for any responses. Stay well.

John

I don't see London on the list here. I know you flashed the emmc version and I flashed the multiboot version of TNAP 3.2 so maybe there is a difference. Might put the multiboot version in slot 2 and see.

Reactions: JFOK
Brian,

Thanks AGAIN for your assistance.
I’m really liking this TNAP 3.2.
Just updated and put in the proper time zone. I also installed a different skin (Blue Shadow FHD) as recommended by “el bandido.”
Thanks again and stay well.

John

I just upgraded to TNAP 3.2 and found the same issue with the time zones. Thanks for the resolution. I'm using the skin that closely resembles OpenPLi. Nice work that el bandido and his team did.

Reactions: JFOK
I had to manually install tzcode with opkg from the cli. Even after installing that, setting the TZ, and enabling time sync via NTP, my time is still occasionally incorrect on both my mio's. Usually it's correct but then I'll look at the display and the time is way off - not even the minutes are correct. Then the box will self correct - eventually. If I wanted to set a time to record a program I couldn't trust that the program will get recorded.

root@osmio4k-office:~# opkg list | grep timezone
tzcode, timezone zoneinfo utils -- zic, zdump, tzselect

I had to manually install tzcode with opkg from the cli. Even after installing that, setting the TZ, and enabling time sync via NTP, my time is still occasionally incorrect on both my mio's. Usually it's correct but then I'll look at the display and the time is way off - not even the minutes are correct. Then the box will self correct - eventually. If I wanted to set a time to record a program I couldn't trust that the program will get recorded.

root@osmio4k-office:~# opkg list | grep timezone
tzcode, timezone zoneinfo utils -- zic, zdump, tzselect

Is your Mio wired, or wireless, I can't remember? The only time mine goes way off, is IF I switch back and forth between slots, then it still occasionally jumps to like the year 2069. Mine is wired, BTW, and I'm still running the original TNAP. Settings like this: MIO_SystemTime_Settings_20190219172706.jpg

Wired. My time settings are the same as yours except I changed my NTP server to us.pool.ntp.org

Reactions: primestar31
Wired. My time settings are the same as yours except I changed my NTP server to us.pool.ntp.org

I've seen my front screen clock sometimes drift off by a minute or two, not sure why, but it corrects itself. It hasn't done that for some time now, so not sure what was going on there. Maybe something with my Spectrum internet? Who knows.

As long as it doesn't do that year 2069 crap anymore, I don't think about it too hard, lol.

Seriously - this box is Linux based and you get the time from Windows! There has got to be a better way! :D

He probably uses a Windows PC to connect to the Linux based mio with WebIF.......

I had a linux machine that I spent more time working on than using it. A real mental exercise that I was not that interested in.
True, Linux does require more work than out of the box Windows but that's what I prefer - it is so customizeble. You can make it look and do exactly what you want. :)

Hi All,

Is there a way to change the clock reading from military to AM- PM ?
I don't see a way to change it specifically for the TNAP 3.2 image (Blue Shadow FHD) I'm using.
Thanks in advance.

John

Brian,

Thanks for your response.
I kinda figured that was the case, but just wanted to check.
None the less, I’m glad you convinced me to try TNAP 3.2.
Stay well

John

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts