Time to say "so long..."

The system will use the best signal it can find but it can't find or access the signal from the wing dish in this configuration. The wing dish needs to be connected to the switch.
I'll go up tomorrow and cap the 129 horn on the main LNB and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Also does anyone know what the nominal level off 129 when set up for normal use? Once I block it when I run tests what should I expect? And what transponders should I do the check from?

I didn't pick up on that. So why was the wing dish even installed?

It was from the days when 129 first went into service and before the triple LNB. I have always gotten far better reception with the two dish set up. No rain or snow fade that you get with the 1k2. That was until they put up the black dish, 1k2, with the triple LNB, BUT wired everything so at a moments notice the 129 wing could be easily connected used. Future proofing as per the my wants and a Field Super who was the best. Who suggested that just leave it there since it'd only be trashed at best and in place it might help out in the future. It has.

Too bad they did put the 1k4 dishes into service. There would be no reason for my 129 wing because, here's what's gonna start the comments, there'd be the best amount of surface to deal with hitting three birds without and sacrifice.

Also does anyone know what the nominal level off 129 when set up for normal use? Once I block it when I run tests what should I expect? And what transponders should I do the check from?

I expect zero on 129 as others have said. The internal switch is turned off for the external switch to work.

Reactions: pattykay
Sorry to see you go. Your posts have always been informative or funny or both. Enjoy streaming.

Even though I own my Hopper 3, I’d join you in a New York second if I could get locals OTA.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Well everyone, it's been fun.

I've decided to completely cut the pay-TV cord. Between my 4 FTA dishes, my OTA antenna, Netflix, and the Youtube TV subscription I get for free through my work, I have so many TV options now I don't know what to do with them all.

It's been a pleasure working with you all and I hope I will see some of you in the Over the Air (Rabbitears), Cord Cutters, and FTA forums.

:wave

PS- I have a nearly-new dual OTA adapter for Hopper/Wally that I will sell for $45 + free shipping (or best offer) if anybody wants it. Just PM me.

I'm gonna start researching going OTA for my locals...The Dish provided locals are almost unwatchable...The adapter yer selling (Still Available?) will it work with Hopper3 & 4K-Joeys?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come on it's time to go

I'm gonna start researching going OTA for my locals...The Dish provided locals are almost unwatchable...The adapter yer selling (Still Available?) will it work with Hopper3 & 4K-Joeys?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come on it's time to go
It does work with H3, but I actually already sold it to crodrules :)
Edit: sold the DPH LNB to crodrules and I sold the dual tuner on Ebay :biggrin
I am glad comfortably_numb clarified that for you, LQQK. I do have a spare dual tuner adapter available if you want to make me an offer. PM me.

Well everyone, it's been fun.

I've decided to completely cut the pay-TV cord. Between my 4 FTA dishes, my OTA antenna, Netflix, and the Youtube TV subscription I get for free through my work, I have so many TV options now I don't know what to do with them all.

It's been a pleasure working with you all and I hope I will see some of you in the Over the Air (Rabbitears), Cord Cutters, and FTA forums.

:wave

PS- I have a nearly-new dual OTA adapter for Hopper/Wally that I will sell for $45 + free shipping (or best offer) if anybody wants it. Just PM me.
good luck.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I hope not. He said it takes a 40 foot ladder to reach things. I could never go up that high.

I didn't fall, "I JUMPED". It was a glorious Swan Dive! Thank you for your concern. Although I am acrophobic, having the fear of Acrobats, I have actually thought about jumping when we have had really deep snow. It only takes a big ladder when you have to go up the "DISH side". On the roof itself the backside of the chimney is waist height. Had to go back up today and "freshen" and fire up the swamp cooler. Those Aussies know how to make a "swampie". Looks like no Spring this year. Didn't even glance in the direction of the "dish farm". I still get nauseous every time I even think about it.

Still getting things sorted with DISH. Turning out not being what I was told and am stumbling on all kinds of corporate "complications". I am lumping everything together and am finding that hindsight is XRay rendering. Things are "working". Was hoping for a better picture on my 4KQD, not really getting it with locals. HBO and NatGeo are nice though. Found out the DISH supplied HDMI cable was partly to blame. So I switched back to the cables I already was using. But 4K/8KDS off YouTube and VUDU TV widgets on the set itself and AppleTV4K is great. Gettin' closer to cuttin' that cord. I found the two 4K channels and was hoping if no programming, at least a test pattern. No Joy. One plus, I saw one 4K and a 4K HDR channel. I have HDR10+ (HDR1000). Wish I could see what it looks like on DISH . . . Will probably have to wait for the World Cup.

I need to replace some chimney hood screws that the first installer lost when I told him to wait for me and he went ahead before I could join him. Don't need anymore Raccoons in the chimney or trying to get in. So at that time I will take pics of the mess in the chimney. Plus some newer glam shots of the Sat Tower.

But now I need some additional help. I have the two old HwS's for 50 days before I have to return them. After the 4 DISH Tech Reps all also confirmed that box-to-box transfers, that I was planning on doing, do not work, from their personal trials, only EHD. I remembered that I had seen it said that the only way to get it to really work is to do it in "blocks". Can someone please tell me what a "block" is or should be? Also how I can find these posts. I have never hunted down posts here because I have never had to. Tried digging, but no joy. But did find you guys discussing my welfare. Much obliged. It's from another dual H3 install post that I found while searching that said:

"I showed him Charles pictures in post 255, JSheridan's diagram in post 122, and the wiring picture in post 104."
I probably already have seen these posts and have the pics. but am now hording all the installation info I can get my hands on. Even if I already have it, I'll stack it on the pile. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, still currently alive, for now . . .
. . . sf

Ok guys, I had a thought.

My service doesn't disconnect until June 3. My primary goal was (is) to cut costs. I could get rid of the H3 fees + taxes if I go back to just having a Wally. I believe I can also piggy-back off my neighbor's EA 1000.2 dish for that Wally feed (not sure though since last time I had a Wally it was a single tuner device).

So my question is, will that work or would a new switch need to be put in? Also, we had quite a few recordings on the H3 drive. Can I move those recordings to an EHD and then watch them on a Wally? If not, is there ANY no-fee receiver they can be watched on?

If I can pull this off and get my bill down to just the $22.99 for Welcome Pack then I think I might stay.

Reactions: pattykay

My service doesn't disconnect until June 3. My primary goal was (is) to cut costs. I could get rid of the H3 fees + taxes if I go back to just having a Wally. I believe I can also piggy-back off my neighbor's EA 1000.2 dish for that Wally feed (not sure though since last time I had a Wally it was a single tuner device).

So my question is, will that work or would a new switch need to be put in? Also, we had quite a few recordings on the H3 drive. Can I move those recordings to an EHD and then watch them on a Wally? If not, is there ANY no-fee receiver they can be watched on?

If I can pull this off and get my bill down to just the $22.99 for Welcome Pack then I think I might stay.

IIRC, the wally now had a non dvr fee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The Wally cannot playback the recordings made by a Hooper.
There's a fee for the Wally now, have you considered the Hopper Duo?
You need to check if the LNB on your neighbor's dish is a DPP or DPH and if it has any open ports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)