Time Trax Help

Eluxman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Maryland
Here’s my question I have Time Trax on my old computer it crashed now I put it on my new computer & my XM PCR works fine I loaded up Time Trax 3.3 & tried to use my code or key when I first put it on my old computer & it won’t register with that code. I think there might be the new key in my recording log on my old machine. I need to get that info off my old computer if I can or am I just wasting my time? Even with the proper code or key ? Thanks for any help :confused: :mad: :confused:

Someone may have it but, at one time, TimeTrax had a utility on their support section to wipe all TimeTrax data from a computer for the case of rolled back software versions.

I'm not sure I understand what that's about. I still need a answer
1 is the key I need in the recording log ?
2 if I'm lucky enough to get the key info off my old computer will it work again on my new computer with my org pcr.
Any Help Thanks

As I recall there were two different "codes". One was an activation code that then generated your final registration number. I think that it is the original activation code that you need to find.

Do you happen to know if that final registration number is in the recording log ?
Thanks

If you can get into your old computer, you need to dump the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Time Trax Technologies\TimeTrax

and that should be sufficient to reenable the software. (if you need instructions on regedit, export and import, hunt around the microsoft site.)

Eluxman said:
Here’s my question I have Time Trax on my old computer it crashed now I put it on my new computer & my XM PCR works fine I loaded up Time Trax 3.3 & tried to use my code or key when I first put it on my old computer & it won’t register with that code. I think there might be the new key in my recording log on my old machine. I need to get that info off my old computer if I can or am I just wasting my time? Even with the proper code or key ? Thanks for any help :confused: :mad: :confused:

Install Time Trax Recast 1.8, register it with that code, then launch the OLD versions.

It's been my experience that this will work - I want to know if it works for you.

The original TT codes for the older versions changed and no longer register the product. The NEWER codes, no longer register the older versions.

However, I installed 3.2, couldn't get it to register with my codes - I installed TTRecast 1.8, it registered with my code. I forgot to even go back to the 3.2. I then, after all this mayhem happened, tried the older version and it was registered. I am not sure how, or why, but the only thing I can think of is that the registering of Recast 1.8 made the older version work.

Good Luck.

TestingTheTester said:
I then, after all this mayhem happened, tried the older version and it was registered. I am not sure how, or why, but the only thing I can think of is that the registering of Recast 1.8 made the older version work.

Interesting. A long while back one of the TT people, probably dkeifer, said that the old versions of TT had to be uninstalled before Recast was installed for it to work properly. There was a direct statement that they would conflict. It would appear that must have been a smoke screen then to get people to uninstall the older versions. I'll have to try that.

Edited to add: Sure enough, it worked. I never had a pre-Recast version installed on this computer. I just installed 3.4 and both versions work. The old registration code shows up in the 3.4 register screen. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts