Time Warner vs Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Time Warner just put their lines down our street and are offering a great 2 year deal. I have had direct for 8 years - the entire pkg plus Sunday ticket - can you downgrade pkgs with direct? And Keep Sunday ticket? Thanks

I don't think there is a minimum package, anyone will do. Years ago you could get just the Sunday Ticket, IIRC.

I've had Choice, Choice Extra and now Choice Ultimate, and have no issues having Sunday Ticket with all of those packages. Not sure on entertainment package though. Doesn't appeal much, if it had NFL Net, and DIY channels I might consider downgrading, but my bill is not high at all IMO. Pay around 140 a month and have a ton of extras, HD, DVR, Starz, Sports, HD Extra.

Where is your area with Time Warner? I'm not sure what the pricing is other places, but here in NY area it is 78.45 for digital, plus there receiver fees are higher, 8 a month, and then DVR is 12.99 each DVR fee.

I figured it out, with there all in one package I would pay over 270 dollars, which is where I was with them back before I got directv in 2006.

Having had both, DirecTV wins in my book. Just got DirecTV re-intalled yesterday after a 2 year, price lock offer with Time Warner. I'll never make the switch from DTV to Time Warner again unless Jack Warner himself comes out of the grave and offers me a substantially better deal on behalf of TW LOL

Having had both, DirecTV wins in my book. Just got DirecTV re-intalled yesterday after a 2 year, price lock offer with Time Warner. I'll never make the switch from DTV to Time Warner again unless Jack Warner himself comes out of the grave and offers me a substantially better deal on behalf of TW LOL

I was a TWC sub up till 2006, since then it's been DirecTV and Dish(1 year), I will never leave DirecTV. They gave me the best bang for my buck. I also spend less with my verizon internet and phone together with DirecTV. Heck what I would pay for TWC for a month for 5 months, I pay for DirecTV, Internet, Phone and Sunday Ticket. No RedZone or NFL Network on TWC, that was a big no no with me.

there is no requirements to have the nfl st, and if you do down grade you still get nfl network...

The only way really to save any money with Time Warner Cable service is to bundle all three services. Which is Digital Phone, High Speed Internet, and TV Service. If you do not get all three then satellite is going to be the cheapest.

The only way really to save any money with Time Warner Cable service is to bundle all three services. Which is Digital Phone, High Speed Internet, and TV Service. If you do not get all three then satellite is going to be the cheapest.

My bill is actually cheaper than the triple play, I pay around 225 dollars a month for DirecTV, Verizon Internet and Phone, where I would pay around 277 for Time Warner's triple play.

I figured it out and the discount for the triple play in my area seems to be under 10 dollars a month. What gets you is taxes, they tax everything, I pay a mear 2.60 a month in taxes for DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts