Timeless

Ratings are not good for the show. For 18-49 demo 1.14 / total viewers 4.830 million and it rates 9 out of 13 NBC shows. Looks like people really don't care about time travel or history.

If Conservation of Mass and Energy is absolute, sending a time machine to a different point in the time line "adds" Mass to the target time and "subtracts" Mass from when it was originally. Even if you come back to the exact micro-nano-femtosecond you left so Mass/Energy is conserved in the Present, you're still adding Mass & Energy to a different time.

And this Rule of not going to a Time that you were alive? Flynn's Pilot was a pretty old guy, wasn't he? How did he pilot Flynn back to 1969 in that case? (FYI: Matt Frewer, the actor who played Dr. Bruhl, was born in 1958).

So, yeah, I'll just shut up and enjoy Lucy in the Timeline with period Jewelry... :D

WE are supposed to believe that everyone involved in the show ,at least on Lucy's team , was born in the 80s after 83. So far they haven't traveled to any time past this date in the show. As for the older pilot, are we sure he was in the episode in 1969? I have only seen him in a relative few episodes and I don't remember him in that episode in the past. Maybe he used someone else to pilot the ship. They really haven't dug too much into Flynn's team and only recently discovered that the first female pilot was living in the 1800's. OF course this might be told to them as a way to keep them from interacting with their younger selves that might create a paradox. Like in Time Cop, where if you touch your younger self, you end up dead and wiped out of existence.

I always wonder what happens if the team would travel into the far future, say a 100 years or so? For that matter why hasn't there been anyone from the future with time travel machines not traveled back to the present to interfere with the team ? IF the show is renewed maybe they will do some thing like that in the second season.

Reactions: DJdish
An older Rufus (dressed in some wild getup) pops into existence inside a shiny white Time Capsule and says, "It's not you, Lucy. It's your kids! Oh, and that bit about not coming back to a Time we exist in? Pure poppycock! Some writer thought it sounded ominous..."

Reactions: MikeD-C05
That would normally be me, but with shows airing inconsistently from week to week since the New Year, and no interest in most of the replacement shows, I'm caught up through last night.

S~

I've got about 15 to watch today at work and another 4 I couldn't add to my I pad due to lack of space. There won't be much on tonight , so I might get caught up by tomorrow.

Watched Timeless today and liked that they were trying to get Lucy's sister back , till the big switch to 1931. Can't wait till next week to see the season finale.

And if NBC doesn't pick up "Timeless" for another season, we'll be <favorite euphemism for disagreeable group sexual act here>.

And watch, the "Sleeping Bag Time Machine" show on Fox will be a huge hit...

—Roland

I don't either and that is a damn shame. I really like all the characters on the show and especially Lucy. She looks great no matter what year she is in.

I hope the show gets another season as I thought the characters were good and going back to the different times was fun to see. IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts