Timeless

Christopher gave it to Lucy in 2017... because Cagney or Lacey, well Lucy gave it to Christopher back in 1981

I call this a free-standing time loop. These have always bothered me almost as much as a logical paradox. There is no paradox with a free-standing time loop; there is just no way to get it started, usually. In the case of Timeless, however, I can imagine if the writers want to explain such a thing, they can always appeal to some other timeline that no longer exists. :D

Some would say that Cagney and Lacy were meant to be there in 1981 to give Christopher the usb stick and change the entire direction that Christopher’s life was headed. Either way I love these type of time loops: who came first the chicken or the egg?

Reactions: DJdish and TheKrell
Some would say that Cagney and Lacy were meant to be there in 1981 to give Christopher the usb stick and change the entire direction that Christopher’s life was headed. Either way I love these type of time loops: who came first the chicken or the egg?

Exactly,

I find them interesting, this particular one, Cagney & Lacey (loving calling them that), went to see her because she recruited them

Now, I think that when she said "I trust the team" she was recalling meeting "Cagney & Lacey" back in 1981, and trusting everything would be all right, because she remembered receiving the USB stick then in 1981 and handing it over to Lucy.2017

Nonetheless, if that was the first time loop of that kind for Christopher, I guess it would feel kinda freaky.

Now regarding Jiya, it would have been interesting to see her shoplifiting a Sony Walkman, LOL, bringing it back to 2018 and showing it around "As New", :)

I guess in that case if you bring back an item from 1981 to 2018, it will not show the passing of time, right?

Because in my example the Walkman would NOT be 37 years old but NEW.

Hey that reminds me, Christopher said "I've been waiting 37 years for this moment", so I guess she was 99% confident that Lucy and Jiya (a.k.a. Cagney and Lacey) would succeed in their mission. :D

This is the one show I must watch within a day of recording it. It is really good and I am glad they brought it back.

Tvbythenumbers reports:

The season finale of “Timeless” improved slightly on the previous week’s ratings but didn’t push above the show’s season average.

The numbers were down from season 1 finale.

Tvbythenumbers reports:

The season finale of “Timeless” improved slightly on the previous week’s ratings but didn’t push above the show’s season average.

The numbers were down from season 1 finale.
I watched it live and it was a good thing I did. NBC had a sports over run for Golf of all things. I would of missed the last 15 minutes if I had just recorded it alone.

Reactions: DJdish
Leslie Jones has tweeted that she'll protest nude in fornt of the NBC building if Timeless is not renewed.

I can't post her tweet here, because of the looooooooong f-word she used.

But what I can post here is:

I WORK IN YOUR BUILDING!! I WILL MARCH NUDE IN FRONT OF YOUR OFFICES WITH THE SIGN “RENEW TIMELESS” I SWEAR!!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Leslie Jones has tweeted that she'll protest nude in fornt of the NBC building if Timeless is not renewed.

I can't post her tweet here, because of the looooooooong f-word she used.

But what I can post here is:

I WORK IN YOUR BUILDING!! I WILL MARCH NUDE IN FRONT OF YOUR OFFICES WITH THE SIGN “RENEW TIMELESS” I SWEAR!!
Omg! Nobody wants to SEE that! As a public service NBC has to renew TIMELESS now.:eeek

Like a leaping Sam Beckett teaching a young Sam Beckettt his teory of time travel.

My recording of Chinatown, which had a 2 minute extra margin at the end, was still cut off before the end. Argh!

My recording of Chinatown, which had a 2 minute extra margin at the end, was still cut off before the end. Argh!
You will have to watch it on NBC Demand or the NBC app. Either way you will have to suffer through the commercials to see it. It ended 15 minutes late because of Golf tournament that preceded it.

Reactions: TheKrell
You will have to watch it on NBC Demand or the NBC app. Either way you will have to suffer through the commercials to see it. It ended 15 minutes late because of Golf tournament that preceded it.
Luckily you can fast forward to near the end of the show instead of having to watch the whole thing again.

Understandable IMHO given who he can't kill.

I really want this series to continue after that classic sci-fi twist at the end.

I also liked that final scene.

I think it was great,

Maybe that Lucy from the future, (say 5 years into the future, maybe more?) will have the answer to why did a Lucy from about 5 years into the future approached Flynn at that bar and handed him her dairy.

Maybe that Lucy from the future, (say 5 years into the future, maybe more?) will have the answer to why did a Lucy from about 5 years into the future approached Flynn at that bar and handed him her dairy

That reminds me... Is the Flynn we know actually from that future time? And what prevents the lifeboat from going forward as well as backward in time? The claim that you can't coexist with yourself from another time is clearly erroneous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)