Timer issues...not recording all of a particular show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
My brother recently had a hopper and a joey installed. I wish he would have ordered 2 hoppers but thats water over the dam. Heres his problem: He records a lot of shows and is finding that not all of the show is recording...the last minute is not there. He's changed the timer defaults start on time and end on time. He still gets the same result. Is there a thread already posted regarding how he can manage this problem or can someone please let me know what the solution is? Thank you.

I do not know if there is a better answer than mine...I have had this problem since way back when I owned 722's. Years. The only thing I have really been able to do is set all programs to end one minute late. If there a multiple programs in a row in an evening, e last minute will STILL be cut off if another show with higher priority starts on a different channel. The only time the timer set up with an extra minute ever worked properly for me was on the 722. The 722 would run my shows for the extra one minute and start another show one minute late if it meant following my priorities properly. On the 922 and Hopper, you cannot really do that. It seems like because there is nothing written into the software for manual timers, the newer DVRs are incapable of shaving one minute off the beginning of one show and still record the rest of it. I am sure I am not explaining this well. I have a raging migraine. I hope I got the gist of my experience with your type of situation across. Oh...BTW....several years ago, I did call customer service and ask them to resynch the clock on the then 722 ( I think it was the 722). For several blissful months, every single show recorded perfectly without having to extend the recordings for one minute. It was wonderful! Everything worked beautifully. It didn't last though, and when I called in to request the same action, the CSR acted like I had asked him to fly me to Pluto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts