Timers are suddenly empty?

jman069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I've noticed for over a week some of my timers (tuners 1&2 and OTA as well as Weekly and daily for some new shows and others for all shows) haven't been recording. I tried checking the schedule to see if they were skipped or not but the shows that weren't recorded were not in the schedule.

I checked the timers to see if they were still listed and sure enough they were. I went into the show timers I had set up to see the next scheduled event (for example prision break on Fox , Scrubs on ABC OTA and Smallville on HDNET to name a few) and there wasn't anything at all, it was blank. So I pulled up the programming guide and sure enough it showed up so I hit the record button and it came up with the options to record as it normally does (such as once or new or all, ect....). Well normally when I go to record something that I already have in my timers it would pull up my schedule for that day yet this time it behaved as it I didn't have it in my timers.

I've had this issue previously on my old 522 and it was after a bad update (one of the updates after the one that messed with the 522's ability to fast foward correctly) and had to redo my timers which is what I'll probably have to do on my 722 which is what I am now using. I just realized the issue tonight as I just assumed a lot of my normal shows didn't come on due to halloween but as I said checking the past schedule the shows that didn't record aren't in my past guide at all. Is there any way to stop this or does anyone know what causes this? I have a considerable amount of timers (around for summer and fall shows) and it didn't affect all of them.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

J

Side question: Why is the font of my thread different from other threads?

Last edited:
It seems like I have had this problem a few times before.... and it always seems to happen around the Daylight Saving Time changes. I usually have to go in a manually make changes to timers that no longer were picking up the shows... (even though there were still new shows on the guide.) This time, I waited a day, and after checking them... it seems to have corrected itself on its own. Perhaps after the nightly reboot.

Hopefully your 722 has corrected its own problem. My 622 seems to have corrected itself.

Good Luck!

I've had this problem in the past on a 942. It was happening because of the 288 timer instance limit. When the new guide is downloaded at night, new matches to the timers are scheduled. If a match goes over the 288 limit, it isn't scheduled (along with any other lower priority timers). The bad part is that those timers never work again even when there is room to add them. It seems that the schedule is only checked when the information from the guide download is initially brought in. I'm not sure if this has been fixed since I haven't run into that lately, but I do know that it was a problem in the past.

Now that you mention it, there have been multiple times when the timers did not trigger, and there were about 3 (maybe more) different scenarios in which they did not work.

1) Daylight Saving Time - cured the following day
2) OTA Channels - 622 stopped recognizing the programs (later cured after a software update)
3) Maximum Timers reached - (not maximum timers, but maximum shows -either skipped or set to record-. This is particularly bad when you have a lot of timers set and the shows repeat ALL the time like MTV, Bravo, Spike, etc.

Best advice on working around this is to set a Weekly Timer, instead of ---All New Shows- Timer on the network channels that repeat shows daily.

However, as kesslerm stated, I have not seen this problem much lately either, I believe they raised the limit on Max Timers and Max Shows a while back.

Thanks guys I haven't had a chance to unplug my receiver yet as I am at work but will update once I have a chance.

Okay just checked my timers and they all seem to be there. That's crazy as I've missed timers for over a week yet they are there now. I didn't unplug anything when I got home I just simply checked my timers and everything is there.

Well thanks to everyone who responded.

J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)