TITAN-TV/PBS issues again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
THis seems to happen ever few months, but yet again, the Titan TV listings seemed to mess up for the AMC21 PBS channels.
A couple months ago, I was happy that Titan came up with an HD01 listing that actually matched the 12140 HD channel. But yesterday I noticed that my Titant-TV listings no longer included the HD01 channel. I did the customize thing, asking for PBS, and it no longer gave me the 7 or 8 options including the HD01. Basically the options were:
PBS-HD
PBS-digital-E
PBS-digital-W
PBS-World

That's it. Luckily, I just tried, and the PBS-HD DOES correspond to what's on the 12140 HD-E channel, and I guess it's easy enough to subtract 3 hours to figure out what's on the west coast version.

The PBS-digital E & W don't seem to correspond to anything on AMC-21, so I don't have a clue as to what that is referring to. I thought that perhaps it was from the AMC-4 PBS-X analog schedule, and stations were converting it to digital, but it's not. PBS-X has the same programming as the east coast 12140 HD channel right now. So I don't know what these two PBS-digital schedules are for. Nothing I can receive.

I don't worry about listings, I just tune around, and stop when I see something interesting...it is FTA after all. :)

Its more of a pain to set up but Zap2it appears to be still working ok, see this link on setting up a guide, and this link on zip codes
Sorry don't have a station and corresponding zip code for PBS HD West, a bit of work with google should find something.
I have this guide set up in my PC so I can select a weeks work of recordings of my wife's painting shows from Create and KUSM (Montana) in a few minutes.
Sure earns lots of brownie points!

Its more of a pain to set up but Zap2it appears to be still working ok, see this link on setting up a guide, and this link on zip codes
Sorry don't have a station and corresponding zip code for PBS HD West, a bit of work with google should find something.
I have this guide set up in my PC so I can select a weeks work of recordings of my wife's painting shows from Create and KUSM (Montana) in a few minutes.
Sure earns lots of brownie points!

I used to use Zap2it, and actually preferred it, because they had ID# for each channel, and you could set up specific links that took you just to that channel to speed things up, plus you could specify a whole weeks schedule. But for some reason, a couple years ago they changed their whole setup, and I couldn't get in anymore or something, so I switched to Titan-TV, which had the advantage of being able to easily search for channels not part of your local lineup.
But if zap2it is still functional, perhaps I should try it again.

The zap2it page used to be real popular with Canadians who were hacking their TIVOs to insert their own program guides, since originally TIVO service wasn't available in Canada. There were also people who designed some complicated programs that would access the zap2it site, and extract all the programming info, and allow you to have a customized searchable database of programming info. I got the system working for a while, but it was too much trouble to keep updated for me. Plus, zap2it seemed to change their URLs, trying to stop people from using their data without going through their main screens.

Titan was easier to deal with, but zap did have some advantages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts