Titanium ASC1 Latest Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hallo Ponny, hier ist die Übersetzung von Titanium´s Fragen:

1. Hast du die Informationen aus Post 3 überprüft, die wir dir zum Thema der Doppelzählung des Sensorpulses gegeben haben? Die Doppelzählung jedes Impulses ist nicht nötig.
2. Hast du überprüft, ob der Spannungsabfall der Motorspannung kurz vor erreichen des Endpunktes ( siehe 4. Post) da ist? 3-4 Impulse vorher.
3. Hast du überprüft ob es keinen Unterschied mit der Diseqc Positionierung über die Set Top Box macht, je nachdem ob der Motor mit 36V oder 24V angefahren wird? ( Siehe 17. Post)
5. Wieviel Leistung zieht die KA Band LNB bei 13V Spannungsversorgung? ( Gemessen während des Einschaltvorganges und während des Betriebes. ( Siehe 18. Post)
6. In Post 19 hast du gesagt, dass der Motor mit Diseqc 1.2 Protokoll von der STB gesteuert richtig positioniert.Ist dies eine als "GoTo" Befehl gespeicherte Position?
7. Positioniert der Motor korrekt, wenn er anhand der angezeigten Nummer im Display mit den Ost- und West- Tasten gedreht wird?
8. Positioniert der Motor korrekt, wenn eine Zielposition mit den Tasten des ASC1 am Frontpanel gewählt wird?
9. Positioniert der Motor korrekt, wenn eine Zielposition mit der Fernbedienung des ASC1 gewählt wird? Diese Positionsanweisung (GoTo) ist die identisch mit dem Diseqc 1.2 Kommando von der Set Top Box.
10. Kommt der Positions- Fehler am ASC1 unter Benutzung der Fernbedienung wenn man mit ihr manuell zu einer speziellen Position ( Zahlenwert in der Anzeige) fährt? Nur bei direktem Anfahren ohne Pause oder wenn Stück für Stück anfährt?
11. Kommt dieser Fehler auch wenn man die Tasten direkt am ASC1 benutzt?Auch hier, nur bei direktem Anfahren ohne Pause oder wenn Stück für Stück anfährt?

Bitte beantworte uns die Fragen, damit wir weiterhelfen können.
Du kannst die Fragen auf Englisch der Deutsch beantworten.

Titanium, I kept the odd numbering to let you keep better track of the translated questions.
Best regards
Benjamin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Titanium
Better than Google Translate. :)

Google Translate is a nightmare if there are any terms and words from a certain technical or medical field. It only works for VERY basic sentence structures and common conversations.
There is an easy test to get an idea of Google´s capabilities:
Translate your text from your native language in a foreign language and use the result to translate back to native. If you get back anything of the initial meaning you are very lucky.

Hello,
Unfortunately the current software does not work with the SMR 1224 Ajay and EGIS rotor EPS 203. All engines have to counting errors of the ASC. 1
There is a software version Vers.:20140227V2 where this error is very low. This version should serve as a template for the extension to 190 Satpositionen. I ask to create a corresponding version.
When Egis rotor is only 1m cable between ASC 1 and EPS control unit 103 while the counting error. The pulses are produced here with Hal and 24V. So a large signal to noise ratio.

Ponny

Welcome back to the forum Ponny. We understood from your original posts that you were still having problems with your 1224 motor. We are fortunate not to experience any problem with the current October 2015 firmware on the equivalent AJAK HH motor or all popular linear actuators here in North America. We want to help, but we need your feedback to move forward.

As you know, the company that manufactured the SMR 1224 quit manufacturing them many, many years ago and their support engineers are no longer available to consult. Egis is only interested in supporting their own controller sales and have not provided any support for previous requests.

The 1224 and Egis units are not found in North America, so if you wish to have the ASC1 work on these unique units, we need the clarifications. We still have not received your reply to the questions asked in post 21 back in February. Would you be able to provide this information?

Hopefully, eaglevision993 is still available to translate if we have have any communication issues.

Hallo Gohl,

die letzte Softwareversion ist die schlechteste von allen Versionen. Beim Ajak nur Zählfehler.

SMR 1224 nach Reduzierung der Motorspannung auf 12V durch eine Zusatzstromversorgung zählt der ASC 1 mit 99% Genauigkeit.

Bei Betrieb mit ca. 3A bricht die Versorgungsspannung auf ca. 19V zusammen. Nach kurzer Zeit kommt ERROR. Die Überstromsicherung am Trafo löst aus. 1 Minute warten dann geht es wieder für kurze Zeit. Die maximale Betriebsspannung beträgt ca. 26V und nicht 36V. Der Trafo gibt nur 24V aus.

Bei vielem tests und verschiedenem Kunden mit dem EGIS Rotor läuft die letzte Version mit 200 Speicherplätzen nur mit Zählfehler. Es fließen hier keine großen Ströme und der Egis bereitet die Impulse mit 24V im EPS 103 auf. Es ist nur eine Kabellänge von 1,0m zwischen den EPS 103 und ASC 1 vorhanden. Diese Software e ist mit dem Egis Rotor nicht verwendbar!!! Es liegt eindeutig an die Software für den Zähler!!!

Bei vielen Softwaretests stellte sich die Version 20140227V2 als beste dar. Zählgenauigkeit ca. 95%.

Diese Version hat aber nur 99 Speicherplätze. Dieser reichen mit dem EGIS nicht aus. Die Version sollte als Grundlage für eine Erweiterung auf 200 Programmplätze dienen, oder der Zähler musste entsprechend dieser Version geändert werden.

Ich bitte im Namen meiner und aller Kunden die Software entsprechend zu überarbeiten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Rainer Schulz (Ponny)

Hello Gohl,

the latest software version is the worst of all versions. When Ajay only counting error.
SMR 1224 on reduction of the motor voltage to 12V by an auxiliary power supply is one of the ASC 1 with 99% accuracy.
When operating at about 3A, the supply voltage collapses to about 19V. After a short time is ERROR. The overcurrent fuse on the transformer fire. Wait 1 minute then go there again for a short time. The maximum operating voltage is approximately 26V and not 36V. The transformer is only 24V.
In many tests and different customers with the EGIS rotor the latest version runs with 200 memory locations only counting error. Flowing through here no large currents and the Egis prepares pulses with 24V in EPS 103. It's just a cable length of 1.0m between the EPS 103 and ASC 1 available. This software is not usable with the e Egis rotor !!! It is clearly to the software for the counter !!!
For many software tests the version 20140227V2 counting accuracy presented as the best. About 95%.
but this version has only 99 locations. This is not sufficient with the EGIS. The version should serve as the basis for an extension to 200 program locations, or the counter had to be amended in accordance with this version.
I ask to revise the software accordingly on behalf of me and all customers.

Best regards
Rainer Schulz (Pony)

Ponny, earlier post in this thread you indicated that this firmware provided the most accurate, now you say it is the worst? We don't understand why you changed your opinion? Is this because you are now testing with a different motor type, the EGIS? There are no error reports on actuator motors commonly used, Von Wiess, Venture, AJAK, SuperJack, etc.

You previously indicated there was a problem with your SMR1224 operation using front panel and remote control operations, but have never replied with answers to repeated questions for specifics.

We want to assist with your unique motor, control issues but need specific information and your feedback. As there has been no change in the firmware that would regulate voltage output as you describe, we are unsure of what changes you are observing on your system and what is causing this. We see no reduced running voltages with this firmware.

Now, in order to move forward on your motor problem, I require your assistance to find out what is different about your EGIS motor as compared to other actuator motors. We are interested in supporting your motor, but require specific information about what is unique about the motor and what is required to properly control it.

Since EGIS is not interested in supporting their actuator product with a third party controller that they do not sell, we would need your support to resolve. Would you be able to ship your EGIS motor or a sample for testing? I understand you sell (or previously sold) the EGIS motors and might have a sample that you can loan to our engineers for examination and testing?

Hallo Gohl,

dieser Fehler tritt unabhängig vom Motortyp auf. Der Zählfehler wird intern auf der Platine erzeugt. Deshalb der Hinweis auf die Softwareversion. Es liegt ein Software- oder Hardwarefehler vor. Dies sollte untersucht werden!

Ponny

Hello Gohl,
This error occurs regardless of the type of engine. The counting error is generated internally on the board. Therefore the indication of the software version. There is a software or hardware failure. This should be investigated!
Ponny

I have sold tons of ASC1 controllers and I have not had any reports of problems in almost 2 years.
The only time I still do get a complaint about counting errors, is if the user is using non-shielded, non-grounded cable for the sensor.

I am sorry, but your statement is not correct.

There are almost two thousand ASC1 customers using with actuators manufactured by Venture, Von Weise, SuperJack, AJAK, Powermax. These customers are not reporting problems with counting error. You say the problem is with ALL hardware, it is not and this statement is not helping address your two problematic actuator models.

Would some ASC1 users please weigh in on this and assure Ponny of your experience with your actuator motors? Be helpful to post your actuator brand/model. Thanks!

Unfortunately, 199 positions cannot be supported with the legacy v20140227v2 firmware code. It is capable of 99 positions. With a visible arc of 140 degrees and typical satellite spacing of 2 degrees, 99 position is adequate for the majority of hobbyist. For EGIS motor users, why not use the 99 position firmware or the EGIS controller that the EGIS company supports and recommends?

We are willing to assist with a solution with the 1224 and EGIS actuators, but we require your assistance. Could you provide a test sample of the EGIS motor so we can understand why it produces counting errors? Without your support, I am not sure how we can move forward...

Last edited:
I've had my ASC1 operating since January 2015 and have not had any issues with it, motor counts or otherwise. It has been connected to an older Von Weise 24" linear actuator and an older Super Jack 24" linear actuator.

Many people know of the issues in counting errors I have had with my own design high resolution sensors in an AJAK. For me this latest firmware was great. The best so far. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)