Titanium ASC1 Positioner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

poohhill

Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
FL
I had this problem also with my Vbox positioner and a chip replacement fixed it. Now for my Titanium with the same problem. Looking at the board it looks like it has had some extra mods done do it. I will point out in picture posted here. Maybe somebody can help me fix this so it goes both ways. Looks like some brw burn area next to relay. DSCF0393.JPG

This titanium asc1 worked for like 2 months before I had the problem of it only going one way. If I switch wires it will go back the other way. It is still under warranty but dam thing is to big and heavy to send back. It has been broke for like 6 months. I need to learn to fix it myself anyway cause I see this as a problem I will probably have down the road again.

This titanium asc1 worked for like 2 months before I had the problem of it only going one way. If I switch wires it will go back the other way. It is still under warranty but dam thing is to big and heavy to send back. It has been broke for like 6 months. I need to learn to fix it myself anyway cause I see this as a problem I will probably have down the road again.
Since it happened with both the VBox and the ASC1, I think you may have a problem with your actuator motor or the wiring. Its probably drawing too much current at times. If the ASC1 is not already protected by a fuse (I am not familiar with its design), then I would suggest adding one outside the box to prevent further damage.

Since it happened with both the VBox and the ASC1, I think you may have a problem with your actuator motor or the wiring. Its probably drawing too much current at times. If the ASC1 is not already protected by a fuse (I am not familiar with its design), then I would suggest adding one outside the box to prevent further damage.
Good idea for a outside fuse. I got a Vbox7 and I have used it for years and for some reason I have never had a bit of problem with it. Just these newer boxes that I have bought in the last few months. The one I just fixed so far seems to be doing.

Appears to be damage to the component likely caused by a high voltage spike (electrical event), extended exposure to a short circuit or voltage on ground. I looks like a high voltage arc.

No rework has been done in that area of the PCB.

You are welcome to send the PCB in for testing and diagnosis. Please email or call to make arrangements.

Appears to be damage to the component likely caused by a high voltage spike (electrical event), extended exposure to a short circuit or voltage on ground. I looks like a high voltage arc.

No rework has been done in that area of the PCB.

You are welcome to send the PCB in for testing and diagnosis. Please email or call to make arrangements.
Thanks guys. I will send to Brian. Looks like it might have been hurt by lighting. Panhandle of FL is bad for lighting. Thanks Brian!!

Reactions: hank123
Received the unit yesterday and it tested fine for 25+ East/West operation runs with a 200lb load on the test actuator. The board had definitely been hot enough to smoke some flux at some point, but what looked like a high voltage arc in the photo was not. Could not find any sign of an electrical event.. Left the unit powered on over night with 550mA load on the LNB port and tested 20+ runs again on both the bench actuator and 25+ East/West arc runs with the rooftop 10 foot.

Not sure what is causing this poohhill home. Suggestions? Failing switch? Actuator? Wiring? I am at a loss! :confused:

Reactions: poohhill
Ok guys the new BD I got from Class Act Brian is working really good so far. I got hook up to older Skyjack 24 volts. Sucker moves really fast. One problem tho. The remote controls 2 of my Sat boxes so I got to do something there. What happen to the prefect world LOL. Thanks again Brian

Reactions: Titanium
Here is a update on my ASCI. I have been beating the heck out of it. Back and forth across the arc and running just great!!! Really liking it. Thanks Brian, so much for getting me back up and running. I got it hooked to a older 24volt arm and it will run the arc in a matter of seconds. But so far no problems. I think the other board took some high voltage. Maybe a nearby lighting strike. Merry Christmas all!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)