Titanium's New Product....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm sure I already know the answer to this but I know it was mentioned a few pages back that this box does support USB tuners to add a "watch one while recording another" feature.... is there any chance any of the PC USB tuner devices that receive 4:2:2 would work with it?

The tuner doesn't have anything to do with the ability to display 4:2:2. The 4:2:2 profile service can be tuned on both internal and external tuners and sent to a dvr file for timeshift or LAN streamed for live off-board decoding. I have experimented in the past on E2 and Android platforms with a "pseudo LAN forwarding" for "live" onboard 4:2:2 decoding with mixed results. Haven't tested for this function or onboard timeshift playback of a 4:2:2 file on the mio 4k.

Last edited:
Correct, the internal Tuner B is not compatible with OTA or cable standards and would not be used in North America. Hauppauge USB tuner models 850, 855, 950 and 955 are supported for OTA ATSC reception.

Been selling the OS mio 4k for over a month. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: raydio
But what about the OTA TV tuner? Isn't DVB-T2 not compatible in the USA? Or is the version you'll be selling going to have a different OTA tuner?

I use the Hauppauge.
1_0_1_5_2C1_0_EEEE00D5_0_0_3_20190212075346.jpg

The blindscan plugin has been in development by El Bandido for a while. It will be included in the new SatDreamGR modded "North American Project" image very soon! :)
El Bandido is good like that. I remember helping test the blindscan plugin for the Azbox Me by El Bandido years ago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

o ok. so where would one find this plugin for download?

Its already IN there, as I said. Menu, Setup, Service Searching, "Satellite Blind Scan".

If you don't have it, I would guess you download it through the Plugins menu. So, Setup, Plugins, and look for it, or hit "Download Plugins" and look for it in the repository.

IF you don't already own this receiver, buy one. I guarantee you will NOT be sorry you did so.

Hauppauge USB tuner models 850, 855, 950 and 955 are supported for OTA ATSC reception.
What spec or capability allows receiving OTA to the mio 4k via these Hauppauge models? Like do other non-computer tuners allow this?

What spec or capability allows receiving OTA to the mio 4k via these Hauppauge models? Like do other non-computer tuners allow this?

The USB ports, AND somebody capable of porting the proper drivers for whatever tuner or USB device they want to use. Think of this receiver as a computer FIRST, and a satellite receiver as an OPTION. Nearly anything is able to be added as an option on this, just like on a computer.

It's very powerful, and pretty much state of the art right now, and for some time to come, IMO. It's too bad they didn't have an option for an ATSC internal tuner, but the USA is not the large market the rest of the world is.

The USB ports, AND somebody capable of porting the proper drivers for whatever tuner or USB device they want to use. Think of this receiver as a computer FIRST, and a satellite receiver as an OPTION. Nearly anything is able to be added as an option on this, just like on a computer.

Yep. It's basically a computer running Linux. Which happens to look like a STB ;)

Next question... so what about channel editing? I hate having to use the remote for channel editing like a lot of receivers. Is there a PC or Mac (preferred) software solution to edit channels, or is it possible to connect a keyboard and mouse to do the editing? Will it support a usb hub attached to it? Will it support XML files such as those from satellites.xml creator

The biggest drawback I have is not having a channel editor where I can edit and customize my channel numbers and list. Also would like to be able to have my own background during boot process.

I was excited when it was announced there would be an editor for the GEOSATpro HDVR3500, but it seems to be a dead project now. Been a long time since any updates too.

Next question... so what about channel editing? I hate having to use the remote for channel editing like a lot of receivers. Is there a PC or Mac (preferred) software solution to edit channels?

Yes. You can do it with Dreamset (Windows application) by sending Telnet commands to the box. You can create custom channel lists, satellite lists, etc. raydio is experienced in this regard and has helped me before.

Last edited:
I haven't had mine long enough, but I have read that it will work with powered USB hubs, but maybe there are some better than others. It also has settings for a keyboard, so I'd bet you can get one of the wireless dongle types, and use that just fine. I have one for my tv, and eventually I'll try it on this receiver. Just too much going on, and my receivers only been alive since Saturday. We are getting pounded with round 2 of a snow blizzard now, so I'm not moving the dish at the moment, except between 99w and 101w.

I'd bet for sure you can edit channels remotely, MAYBE even in the OpenWebIF screen you can access in your browser. I just haven't had enough time to get to all that as of yet.

This works with my LG tv set, and I'd bet it'll work for this one also, it comes with a usb dongle, and has a small on/off switch so it's not always sucking power from the 2 AAA batteries. Perhaps there's a newer version, as I bought mine in 2013. Amazon link, so if it's invisible, you'll have to disable your ad blocker and hit refresh.

Amazon product ASIN B005DKZTMG

Last edited:
Reactions: dsmith0429
I haven't had mine long enough, but I have read that it will work with powered USB hubs, but maybe there are some better than others. It also has settings for a keyboard, so I'd bet you can get one of the wireless dongle types, and use that just fine. I have one for my tv, and eventually I'll try it on this receiver. Just too much going on, and my receivers only been alive since Saturday. We are getting pounded with round 2 of a snow blizzard now, so I'm not moving the dish at the moment, except between 99w and 101w.

I'd bet for sure you can edit channels remotely, MAYBE even in the OpenWebIF screen you can access in your browser. I just haven't had enough time to get to all that as of yet.

This works with my LG tv set, and I'd bet it'll work for this one also. Perhaps there's a newer version, as I bought mine in 2013. Amazon link, so if it's invisible, you'll have to disable your ad blocker and hit refresh. Amazon product ASIN B005DKZTMG
Hmm... if this would work, I could probably edit on my Mac via the browser. That would be great. Otherwise, I would have to run a virtual machine via VirtualBox or something similar, install Windows, and try it that way. Haven't had a physical PC in several years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts