Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was thinking Brians new product was going to be a new LNB... guess I was wrong.

It appears to be a new 4K Receiver and features "Multi stream" whatever that is. :)

brian.jpg

New Product-
Edision - OS Mio 4K DVBSx STB
$175

Fast & Free USPS Priority shipping from our US warehouse to US/VI/PR!

Estimated in stock before December 25th.

- - - - - - -

EDISION OS MIO 4K S2X + T2/C Grey, is the new E2 LINUX 4? UHD, DVB-S2X combo receiver in the E2 LINUX range of EDISION receivers. It features 4K UHD resolution and has Multi Stream T2MI Tuner & Blindscan. Equipped with a variety of the most advanced features in order to provide you with an exciting use of all its top characteristics, all in a compact and slim design!

Features include: E2 (Enigma 2) Linux operational system, DVB-S2X and DVB-T2/C ?uners, 4K UHD resolution, Multi Stream T2MI Tuner, Blindscan, Web browser and HbbTV support, Dual Core ARM at 1.5 GHz processor, 8GB eMMC/RAM 2GB DDR4 2400Mhz flash memory, WiFi with two (2) external, detachable wifi antennas (included), Bluetooth on Board, 4K UHD Multimedia Player plus the exceptional and ergonomical aluminum IR remote control UNIVERSAL 2-in-1. All these combined with the overall EDISION quality and professional support, make it a superior option for you to enjoy!

Technical features:
- Type: 4K UHD E2 Linux Combo Reivever DVB-S2X + DVB-T2/C with Multi Stream Support
- 1 x Tuner DVB-S2X
- 1 x Tuner DVB-T2/C
- Decoding: H.265/HEVC decoding support (covered by patents listed at patentlist.hevcadvance.com)
- Multi Stream T2MI & Blind Scan support
- Linux operational system
- Processor: Dual Core ARM 1.5 GHz
- FLASH 8GB eMMC/RAM 2GB DDR4 2400Mhz
- 4K UHD Multimedia Player
- Web Browser & HbbTV support
- Free Internet Streaming TV and Radio
- Dual Band 2x2 Wi-Fi 802.11ac 5G/2.4G with MU-MIMO
- 2 x Pluggable Wi-Fi Antennas
- Bluetooth: embedded 2.1/3.0/4.0
- Unlimited channel memory
- Hyper-sensitive tuner for weak-signals
- 1 x Smartcard reader
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface
- 2 x USB2.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI 2.0a Connection
- 1 x jack to RS232
- 1 x jack to IR
- 1 x S/PDIF
- Channel switch in less than 1 second
- Extensive ?PG and programmed viewing via EPG
- Expandable Add-Ons & Plug-Ins
- Supports Bouquet list
- Multilingual OSD, Skin - support
- Channel search: Fully automatic/Manual
- Time Shift function and Multi Timers
- Supports Teletext & and OSD and VBI subtitles
- Compatible with DiSEqC 1.0, 1,1 ,1.2 and 1.3 (USALS)
- Supports SCR / CSS (EN50494 & EN50607)
- Power consumption less than 0.5 Watt, in low-power stand-by mode

Front Panel:
- Display: LED (Standby, Recording)
- Display Buttons: Power, Channel -/+

Back Panel:
- Input Sat-IF: 1x F-type
- Input RF: 1x IEC-type
- Connection TV: 1x HDMI
- Video output: 1x HDMI
- Audio output: Standard optical (S/PDIF)
- 2 x WiFi Antennas
- 1 x Smartcard slot
- 1 x Ethernet plug
- 1 x jack to RS232
- 1 x jack to IR
- 1 x DC in (for the external PSU)

Package contains:
- Universal Remote Control 2in1
- External PSU 12v with NA plug adapter
- Jack to IR cable
- USB extension cable
- 2 x Wi-Fi Antennas
- 2 x "???" batteries
- Start Guide EN/DE/GR

General:
- Case: Aluminum
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 180x40x140 (mm)
- Weight: 0,7 kg
- Color: Grey
- Warranty: 2 years

But no CC?:rolleyes: Meaning in Closed Captioning based on ADA and FCC?

I wonder why is not being enforced by the law with ADA, but nothing wrong about the nice hot sexy FTA receiver it's the manufacturing company don't get get understanding of our FCC and ADA.:(

I am hard of hearing on the left ear and total deaf on the right ear and not only that I have CP with nerve pain that's keeps putting out on and off. Proud to be a USAF brat. Please put Closed Captaining on for this fine FTA receiver. That my wish list. That all I have to say.:)

:glasses I mistakenly posted the pending release on the Titanium Satellite Facebook page and "eagle-eye" Scott swooped in caught it! So much for the super Santa secret and my selecting the wrong FB post date! LOL... Scott, you were right! The C2-PLL LNBF with filtering was the announced product release.... :)

The OS mio 4K is quite different hardware than the SF-8008. The OS mio 4K is based on the Broadcom chipset, which in review of testing results, provides improved performance gain and features over other available chipsets. The OS mio 4K hardware blindscan speed and accuracy is excellent. It will be good to have a few quality brands and new high performance models to choose from here in NA! :cool:

We will ship and support the buyers choice of the Edision E2 OS factory load or Open PLI. The OS mio 4K is a hardware purchase and unlike a traditional STB appliances not restricted to the distributors OS, not an OS Operation System purchase. The hardware is capable of EIA-608 or EIA-708 closed caption handling and E2 users will determine if it and other functions/features are developed and/or enabled. FTA receivers are not distributed in NA for the reception of subscription or DTH services. The recreational hobbyist usage limits to mainly meeting licensing, safety and interference requirements.

Remember N5XZS, as I have mentioned to you in past threads, E2 is an open source OS project and you may participate in any build team to add a feature that you require or desire! That is the beauty of Enigma 2! If you want a feature or function, join a team and code it! You aren't developing for the benefit of one product, distributor, manufacturer, reseller... You are developing for any compatible open source E2 hardware, brand, model! :)

NP, Scott! You are a news hound for Satelliteguys and broke the story first! :)

Multistream is a DVBS2 standard which allows multiple transport streams and/or IP streams to be combined on a single carrier and maintain sync without separate clock reference. Simply put... Less expensive on both the up/downlink sides as less equipment and a lower cost to distribute multiple services.

Here is an article for those who want to learn more:
Introduction to DVB-S2 Multistream - WORK Microwave

Mulistream, Google adds another definition: ...allows a user to get video in a different resolution, frame rate, or compression type.

So, maybe allows the user the common ability to choose which selectable video resolution 720,1080, etc.

I've been out of touch with FTA for over a year (doing weather satellite programming), so this may be a dumb question: How many 4K FTA channels are there now?

Records and streams 4:2:2 as well as other STBs do and have done in the past... :biggrin

Hi Titanium,
Can the 4:2:2 streaming be handled internally, ie open up compatible player on the STB and output directly over HDMI?

Hi Titanium,
Can the 4:2:2 streaming be handled internally, ie open up compatible player on the STB and output directly over HDMI?
I've played around with virtual server function on other E2 and Android STBs in the past with mixed results depending on the service. Haven't tried with this unit and won't speculate on the capabilities of future E2 OS development. My gut feeling is that there still isnt enough horsepower / bandwidth to handle demux, stream and decode and best to stream to an external player. Might be fun to experiment or work with a E2 OS development team if that is your interest.

I believe that there are currently four 24/7 FTA UHD C-band services. My primarily interest in current hardware / OS has been in 4K event backhauls, feeds, VCM, generic stream, etc.

Reactions: mr3p and norman881
I've been looking a bit at those recent 4k receivers (this Edison, the Octagon, etc.), but one spec I'm not finding anywhere is their demodulation capabilities... In other words, how well do they handle 16apsk and 32apsk (if at all)?

Also can you confirm that it can handle the NPR mux on 91 and also NC-1 thru NC-8 on 103? Neither my VU+ nor raydio 's can process those feeds. Specifically, the audio is missing on the NPR channels, and the video is missing on NC-1 thru NC-8.

I'm running the latest stable OpenPLi release.

I may try to flash to another image to see if it is a software or hardware problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: raydio
Hey Brian I've noticed that the image on the OpenPLI site for your box is a RC version. Will you have a stable release available when your boxes arrive?
We will have to see what is in distribution when the STBs ship before the decision is made. I expect the OpenPLI image will be finalized as a stable release, quickly after multiple contributors have the OS mio 4k for testing.

Also can you confirm that it can handle the NPR mux on 91 and also NC-1 thru NC-8 on 103? Neither my VU+ nor raydio 's can process those feeds. Specifically, the audio is missing on the NPR channels, and the video is missing on NC-1 thru NC-8.

I'm running the latest stable OpenPLi release.

I may try to flash to another image to see if it is a software or hardware problem.
Will post on these services before the OS mio 4K ships. I'm not aware of any reason the services should have issues. Working out of the office on another project and unable to perform testing for the next few days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)