TiVo and roku

I'm not a Tivo owner, but some of the new ones include streaming as well. If you've not bought yet, look into that, and it's all in one box! (not sure what apps they support, but the major ones for sure.) Nothing wrong with separates, however. I've loved Roku since they came out with the original model. Always delivers what is promised in their build and performance. (given the obvious internet needs.)

Reactions: Clarbear
I'm not a Tivo owner, but some of the new ones include streaming as well. If you've not bought yet, look into that, and it's all in one box! (not sure what apps they support, but the major ones for sure.) Nothing wrong with separates, however. I've loved Roku since they came out with the original model. Always delivers what is promised in their build and performance. (given the obvious internet needs.)
To be fair, TIVO streaming will not fully replace a ROKU. The TIVO has a set of TIVO supplied apps, while the ROKU is an open system that allows you to configure any streaming app you can find.

The advantage of the TIVO is that it is a one box solution where you don't have to do any switching. If you are satisfied with the provided apps, you are golden.

But I counted a few months ago and I have 10 ways to stream Netflix in my house. Usually the TIVO is OK, but I am still using Roamios, so if I want 4k, I need to go to the Samsung TV or the UHD player for the stream.

Reactions: Clarbear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)