Tivo DVR Coming Soon and other Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shaudods

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
georgia
Hey guys... Its me again.. the Dish customer that had to put a DirecTV tailgate setup on the roof to watch a game this weekend. I am still comparing numbers and trying to find a way to get to D*... like what i am hearing about referral rebates as well as rebates that involve D* paying for my ETF with dish.

Anyways, I have been hearing for a few years that D* and Tivo are working on a new box. From what i can tell, it seems like a Charlie/Dish "coming soon" situation and it keeps getting pushed back. Any news on when it should be out? Also, would it be worth waiting for or would I be able to upgrade to it when it comes out from an HR2x DVR with little or no fee? From what i gather, I would definitely want an HR24 if i switched right now. I am not really liking how it sounds like the external hard drive feature deactivates the existing hard drive instead of working in sync like Dish's 722 does... however with my "upgrade" to the VIP922 with dish, i have lost the ability to use a hard drive all together! Some upgrade! Anyways, I would love to get anyone's input on how likely a Tivo D* box is in the next few months and if its a while out, how upgrading to it would work. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts