Tivo Time Warp Patent is Valid according to PTO

Only crybabys use ignore,Just because they can't handle other peoples comments and opinions.
The VB people added the feature for a reason. Scott may or may not be able to enable/disable it but at this site, it is enabled. That said, I'm sure you "ignore" plenty of things in your daily life.

Who's going to pay in the end? We will, in yet another Dish fee. :rant:

this comment is why i mentioned fees......

wonder how much more the fees will rise if E looses?

maybe a extra 5 or 10 bucks per box for all DVR receivers?

hey heres a good idea as part of the settlement TIVO requires E intergration to their tivos.

that would be sweet:)

The VB people added the feature for a reason. Scott may or may not be able to enable/disable it but at this site, it is enabled. That said, I'm sure you "ignore" plenty of things in your daily life.

First, Hall. Vb isn't the only software with an ignore feature. All forum software has it, in fact usenet readers had it. And there's no may or may not about it. It can be disabled if the admin so chooses. (I run a board, so I do know these things.) However this is beside the point, which you apparently missed. Ignore is for weenies. It has nothing to do with it being there, the ability to disable it or what reasons the designers had for putting it in. It doesn't change the fact that by using it, you admit to being pwned.

I ignore so much in real life that not much here ever bothers me:)

My hot spots are poor service by anyone, and companies that gouge on prices..

Assuming TiVo and Dish negotiate a reasonable royalty rate for TiVo’s IP (for the sake of argument assume $2.50/box per month times 7 million), that would set the standard for what other companies like Time Warner (TWC), Charter (CHTRQ.PK), Adelphia (ADELQ), Cablevison (CVC), etc. would have to pay TiVo. TiVo’s technology is used in virtually all DVRs that have the features DVR users have grown to love. Dish might also have to pay $5/DVR/mo royalty payment since the judge first ruled way back when. If that is the case Dish will be paying (err, we will be paying) maybe $1B!!!

What else could set a standard is a ruling that Dish Network's DVRs no longer infringe on Tivo's DVRs by the enc banc review?.

I believe that the en banc review board could see that Judge Folsom's rulings were getting ready to unleash a" Frankenstein" monster upon the industry,so that's why Dish Network's en banc review request was granted even though alot of critics said Dish Network would not be approved for an en banc review.

So it will be up to the en banc review board to unleash a monster upon the industry? or kill the monster?.We shall see.;)

Well I guess Charlie will just have to buy them out now. . .
That's what I have been saying since last Spring when TiVo was prime for a takeover. Poison Pill and all it would have been a better use of all the money spent and going to be to fight this losing battle.

Guess that Charlie is more stubborn than intelligent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)