TMobile Band 12 inquiry

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Let me give you my circumstance,

I've been a TMobile customer for as long as I can remember. Heck, I still have the S4 and remain very satisfied with the device.

What I'm trying to figure out and haven't yet thru numerous web searches is...

Would it be worth upgrading from my current S4 which doesn't offer band 12 to one of the newer models to see a significant speed increase. As I understand it that specific band offers better indoor coverage and better distance.

For example, in general around the Houston area with my S4 I may get anywhere from 2Mbps down in one area while in others I motor along at 40Mbps.

Any help would be appreciated, thx.

I would wonder if you're still getting security updates for your older phone. That alone would be a great reason to move to a newer model. I can't help you with the Houston area T-Mobile performance, but here in Indiana I've seen faster T-Mobile speed than AT&T (granted with an iPhone and not the Galaxy). Again, it also depends on the area since the T-Mobile speeds in Ft. Wayne were double what I would see at home.

But, a newer phone will support more LTE bands which would be worth it, especially as you move around. Newer towers will be supporting the newer Bands. But there is no guarantee that your download speeds would increase since that depends as much on your phone as the number of subscribers using the same tower at the same time.

Last I heard, pre-orders early next week.

I've gotta keep bands 12 and 71 separate in my mind. But from what I'm reading, there's a bit of confusion and misinformation out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts