TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

I too thought with a title change, tna's rating would increase. But for whatever reason it was the lowest of night. Might be the World Series was on at the same time. Also with tna being taped and reading spoilers, people know what will happen and not tune in because of the WS. TNA's ratings might increase if they were broadcast live instead of being taped.

It's a major problem with TNA. They actually lose viewers as the show progresses. Usually, it's the exact opposite. So, it's evident that whatever money they're paying the more well known talent like Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, Sting & Angle isn't helping the ratings. In fact, the Knockouts should probably be paid better since that's what their audience seems to want to watch.

I also think the whole putting the title on James Storm thing was supposed to be a ruse on the internet by Hogan, Bischoff & Russo. Everyone was expecting Bobby Roode to win the title at Bound for Glory, because you know that would make too much sense, but TNA didn't go in that direction. That's one reason why TNA isn't a successful, viable company, they care too much about what the internet wrestling community (IWC) thinks. They should instead be focusing on the everyday fan who isn't in the know and doesn't read the wrestling websites or dirtsheets.

Backstage Concern Over James Storm's Title Reign While many in the locker room are happy for James Storm capturing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, according to one wrestler, there is more faith in Bobby Roode as champion over "The Tennessee Cowboy." Concern also lingers about Storm being "too Southern" to represent TNA.

TNA needs to get rid of Hogan, Bischoff, Flair and the rest of the old WWE leftovers. With the money tna is paying them, they can get more and new talent for what they are spending with the leftovers.

TNA has Hogan, Bischoff, Flair and other former WWE people because they made a big name for themselves in WWE. TNA is trying to cash in on that. TNA needs to focus on the young people they bring instead of the oldies from WWE.

When a business is failing what do they do, besides get a bailout? They find what is making money and what is losing money. They make appropriate adjustments so the business makes money. TNA should do the same and do a complete restructuring, everybody from the owner down to the guy who cleans the bathrooms. You never know, Hogan might end up cleaning the bathroom.

Last edited:
SPOILER LINEUP FOR TOMORROW'S TNA IMPACT WRESTLING TAPING IN GEORGIA
TNA will tape Impact Wrestling tomorrow "on the road" in Macon, Georgia, filming two episodes, including the following announced bouts:
*TNA champion James Storm, in his first title defense, vs. Robert Roode.
*Ronnie from Jersey Shore debuts.
Could they be starting to tease a roode heel turn :)

Gail Kim Says She Knew She’d Return To TNA, No Regrets About Quitting WWE
Diva Dirt caught up with the woman of the moment, Gail Kim, Monday for an exclusive interview about her return to TNA, quitting WWE and much more.Gail made a “kimpact”, if you will, when she returned to Impact Wrestling last Thursday on Spike TV — and was even a worldwide trending topic on Twitter!In this 50 minute interview, Gail discusses her return to the company she calls “home”, reveals more details about her time in WWE, frustration at the way the Divas are used and more.Gail, who is due to marry TV chef Robert Irvine (Food Network’s Restaurant Impossible) next year, also reveals an upcoming TV project: an episode of TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress” which she filmed a month or so ago_On her return to TNA: “During the time that Johnny [John Laurinaitis] said that he wanted to re-sign me, I already kinda knew that I didn’t want to re-sign and it was just a matter of timing because I was under contract. That was pretty much my plan the whole entire time; to go back to TNA.”“Everybody was very positive and happy and said, ‘We’re so glad to have you back’. First off, I’m really happy that they were happy to see me back. The first thing I always said was, ‘You know, I already knew I’d be back’. I even said it in my last interview on the [Knockouts] DVD – hopefully, I’ll finish my career there. That’s always what I pictured, anyway. [...] I always hoped for the best there [in WWE], obviously, and it didn’t turn out the way I had pictured completely, but I’m back where I pictured I would be. I’m just happy with the way everything turned out.”“I’m a true believer in everything happens for a reason. I was meant to leave there [TNA] at that time. [...] I think it was a refresher in some ways, too, for me to leave and try something else and then come back to where my home was.”On the growth of the Knockouts division since her last run: “Well, there’s a lot more girls, it seems like. We had a lot of girls back then, but we have a lot of girls now. [...] I love it because the girls there are all from pretty much an independent background. You get to the point where you’re happy to be in a division where you know the girls can step it up, and that you can have a challenging match, and that you guys can rock the house, basically.”On whether she made the right decision to quit WWE: “I’m very confident in my decision making. Everything happens for a reason. I made this decision for a reason. It’s supposed to happen.”“I don’t regret anything. I always had to accept what they gave me. It wasn’t even about how they used me because I knew going in, I had to accept whatever they gave me & how they used me. It was more about the disrespect behind the scenes, and that’s what pushed me over the edge to say, ‘I just don’t wanna be here anymore. I’m miserable. I just have to leave for my own sanity’.”On quitting instead of waiting for her contract to run its course: “I was pretty much at my wit’s end at that point. [...] For my own sanity, like I said, I had to leave. I knew seven weeks out from my contract end, ‘Okay well, you know what? I know that I can survive financially, and take a little break, and be with my fiancé’. Him and I both discussed it because it’s a decision for both of us as well, for our lives. I just couldn’t take it anymore mentally or emotionally. Physically, no problem. But on the other end, you can’t go to work and feel like you’re just dreading it. I just didn’t wanna go to work anymore. I’ll miss my friends and the people there, but that’s about it. You can’t contribute to a company when you don’t feel passion anymore. It’s a waste of time.”Gail talks about much more in the interview including working with Karen Jarrett and Madison Rayne in TNA, which WWE Divas she’d like to see in TNA, WWE controlling its Superstars & Divas and the projects they can do, her first match back on Impact with Tara this Thursday and much, much more.The interview is available here. Exclusive: Gail Kim Talks About Her TNA Return, Quitting WWE & Much More! | Diva Dirt

TNA TOUTS LAST THURSDAY'S BIG IMPACT RATING
TNA’S “IMPACT WRESTLING “ ON SPIKE TV DRAWS RECORD RATINGS ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20
New York, NY, October 25, 2011 – TNA’s “IMPACT WRESTLING” on Thursday, October 20 (9:00-11:00pm ET/PT) drew over 2.2 million viewers, making it the highest watched show in its Thursday night timeslot ever and the second-most watched episode in the six years it has aired on Spike TV. The highest being a special Monday night telecast in January 2010 featuring the TNA debut of Hulk Hogan.The Spike TV telecast ranked #2 in the hard-to-reach demographic of 18-49, placing second behind MTV’s megahit, “Jersey Shore.” The event featured the crowning of a new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, James Storm, who defeated his arch nemesis and former Olympic champ, Kurt Angle.This Thursday, “IMPACT WRESTLING” will feature TNA Heavyweight Champion James Storm in action, the in-ring return of Jeff Hardy as well as TNA Knockout Gail Kim. Also appearing are “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles and many more.

TNA Tapings on the Road Tonight with Big Angle, Future of TNA Outside of Orlando
- TNA will tape Impact Wrestling tonight in Macon, Georgia, including the November 3rd episode that will see the debut of MTV Jersey Shore star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro.Following tonight’s tapings in Georgia, the rest of the 2011 Impact Wrestling shows will be taped at the Impact Zone in Orlando. In late December, TNA will tape five weeks of Impact over four days and then will take the holiday vacation. Over the holidays, officials are planning to re-evaluate the future of taping Impact outside of Orlando. Most within TNA aren’t expecting a lot of Impact tapings on the road in 2012.

GOOD NEWS FOR TNA AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH SPIKE TV
For a few months now, many had speculated that Spike TV would move away from "manly" programming after losing right to UFC broadcasts. Some theorized that it put TNA's place at the network in jeopardy. Fear not TNA fans, their position just got stronger as Viacom, the parent company of Spike, has bought Bellator Fighting Championships and will start airing programming on Spike on 2013. The manly programming shall stay on Spike. Corporate synergy has already begun between Bellator and TNA as Dixie Carter has announced that Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney will be at tonight's Impact taping in Macon, GA.

THIS IS HOW BAD TNA IS :D :) Early Bound For Glory Numbers
It's being reported that this year's TNA Bound For Glory did an early estimate of between 20,000 and 25,000 buys. Last year's event took in 35,000 to 40,000 buys.

In all honesty, I'm just ready for TNA to die. I just can't get into any of the storylines in that company. Everything just seems so bush league when compared with WWE.
Also every storyline seems rushed and not well thought of and they have the geritol wrestlere there :)

What Bischoff Wants To Do with Impact Eric Bischoff wants to take TNA’s Impact Wrestling on the road more often. He wrote the following on Facebook this week after the tapings in Macon, Georgia:
“Headed back to Cody. Great TV’s last night. Crowd was super hot. Special thanks to the team @ TNA that promoted the market. The crowd were the stars of the shows!. Taking Impact on the road full time will grow this brand faster than anyone knows. Now is the time!”
Huge TNA Lockdown Rumor Killer, Dixie Proud of Jeff Hardy, New #1 Contender
- Bobby Roode became the new #1 contender on last night’s episode of Impact Wrestling by defeating Samoa Joe in a contender’s match. Roode will face World Heavyweight Champion James Storm on next week’s episode.
- Dixie Carter wrote on Twitter last night before Impact aired about how very proud she was of the man Jeff Hardy has become and that she was excited about his future in TNA.
- There’s been a rumor going around this week that TNA is planning Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair vs. Garrett Bischoff and Hulk Hogan for the Lockdown main event in 6 months. A source in TNA shot that rumor down this week and said that match is not in the current booking plans.

TODAY'S FUNNY HULK HOGAN STORY
Last night on his Twitter account, Hulk Hogan wrote a line that were unintentionally hilarious. He wrote: "Hey yo ,I think TNA needs HOLLYWOOD to help Sting straighten out the mess that Impact wrestling is in. 2sweet. HOLLYWOODHH".He got a lot of responses from his followers that told him what he apparently forgot, that being that he just turned babyface and Hollywood was a heel. About 12 hours later, Hogan saw the light and wrote, "Ok ok ok guys I get it ,the good guy red and yellow ,I just thought I would ask,I get it brother. HH".This stuff literally writes itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)