TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Since I did the same thing for WWE, I figured it would be only fair to do the same for TNA Impact and their PPV's.

The following matches have been confirmed for No Surrender on 9/5:

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy- Semi-finals of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship tournament; If Angle loses he must retire.

Mr. Anderson vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero- Semi-finals of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship tournament

More matches should be announced this week.

The winners of the tournament will face off at Bound for Glory on 10/10/10 for the vacant TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Bound for Glory will emanate from the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida.

"Katie Lea Burchill got a tryout at today's TNA tapings. Jeremy Borash twittered the tryout went well."

Source: Wrestling Observer

Hopefully she gets signed. I felt that the WWE never really gave her much of a chance to showcase what she had. I'd like to see Serena in TNA too.

More matches announced for No Surrender:

At tonight's tapings for TNA's Impact episode to air on September 2nd, three matches were announced for the No Surrender Pay Per View on Sunday September 5, 2010 from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida:
Douglas Williams versus Sabu for the TNA X Division Title

A.J. Styles versus Tommy Dreamer in an I Quit Match for the TNA Television Title

Abyss versus Rhino in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.

Source: pwinsider

Report: Top stars unhappy with EV 2.0 storyline..Posted by Corbin Nordhoff on 08/25/2010 at 05:17 PM..Credit: F4WOnline.com According to Dave Meltzer, there are top stars in TNA that feel it is a "big mistake" to have EV 2.0 as top babyfaces in the company. Several of the top stars were said to be against bringing the former ECW stars in as regulars and even doing the ECW reunion PPV in the first place. It's possible that the Fortune attack on Hogan, Nash, Sting, and Jarrett was done as a backup plan in case things don't work out with EV 2.0.

Tonight's lineup for WCW... er... TNA Impact:

Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero & Jeff Hardy vs. A.J. Styles, Kazarian, Matt Morgan and X Division Champ Douglas Williams

Samoa Joe vs. Orlando Jordan

TNA Tag Champions The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me- non-title match

Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett

Stevie Richards vs. Desmond Wolfe

Beer Money vs. The FBI

Plus promos by Mick Foley, Ric Flair and Dixie Carter....

One thing that I'm enjoying in TNA is the tag action. They have some great tag teams in Beer Money and the MCMG, plus Generation Me are like the Hardy's of TNA. They also have a new tag team in Desmond Wolfe & Magnus called "London Brawling", who will face the MCMG at "No Surrender". Plus they are going to debut the "Jersey Shore" team.

The rest of Impact was pretty typical of what we've seen lately. But I'm digging the tag action.

we need Rosey LottaLove back :)

2ufy4w2.gif

Funny story provided by Jason Powell of prowrestling.net:

By Jason Powell

A dark match held at last week's TNA Impact tapings that featured Shannon Moore and Christina Von Eerie vs. Okada and Cookie (a/k/a Becky Bayless) was dubbed "the worst dark match in history" by several people backstage.

Most of the blame for the match is directed at Bayless, who missed blind tag attempts three times. It was so comically bad that Moore stopped, pointed at her, and yelled, "I'm begging you to tag him" during the middle of a spot. This led to serious laughter backstage.

Powell's POV: Bayless matches are now considered must see entertainment for several people in the company. Although there was a lot of laughter over the match, there was also some frustration in the locker room over the decision to hire Bayless prior to her lousy performance.

That said, she is playing a Jersey Shore inspired role, so it's possible they could limit her to a valet role if there is serious concern over her in-ring work. For what it's worth, I always thought Bayless showed a lot of charisma in Ring of Honor.

According to the Wrestling Observer, the scheduled lineup for No Surrender on September 5th is scheduled to be:

TNA World Title Tournament Semi-Final
Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle

TNA World Title Tournament Semi-Final
Mr. Anderson vs. The Pope

I Quit Match for the TNA TV Title
Tommy Dreamer vs. AJ Styles

TNA X Division Title Match
Sabu vs. Douglas Williams

TNA Tag Team Title Match
Magnus & Desmond Wolfe vs. The Motor City Machineguns

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Rhino vs. Abyss

Handicap Match
Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting and Kevin Nash

Velvet Sky & Angelina Love vs. Madison Rayne & Tara

TNAsylum: Scheduled Lineup for No Surrender (Spoiler Alert)

Some of the matches look ok, but I'm not really digging this PPV. Plus, booking a PPV for Labor Day weekend isn't really the best move. They might only get 1,000 buys on this one... :D And I'm being generous.

Tonight's lineup for WCW... er... TNA Impact:

Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero & Jeff Hardy vs. A.J. Styles, Kazarian, Matt Morgan and X Division Champ Douglas Williams

Samoa Joe vs. Orlando Jordan

TNA Tag Champions The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me- non-title match

Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett

Stevie Richards vs. Desmond Wolfe

Beer Money vs. The FBI

Plus promos by Mick Foley, Ric Flair and Dixie Carter....

SAMOA JOE WILL JOIN JEFF JARRETT VS STING AND NASH

Tonight's lineup for Impact:

Kurt Angle & Jeff Hardy vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero & Mr. Anderson

AJ Styles, Beer Money & Kazarian vs. Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, Sabu & Brian Kendrick- eight-man-elimination tag match. Kendrick is filling in for The Sandman who no showed the Impact tapings.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Sting

Stevie Richards vs. Abyss

Knockouts champion Angelina Love & Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne and the Masked Biker (Tara)

TNA IMPACT GOING LIVE AGAIN
By Mike Johnson on 2010-09-02 16:15:57
TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter account this afternoon that iMPACT! will be held live on Thursday, October 7. She wrote:
“TNA iMPACT! is going LIVE on 10/7. Remember my tweet about how TNA is going to change forever? Stay tuned”
Carter did not indicate whether iMPACT! will be live on a permanent basis. She also did not say where the event will be held. iMPACT! television tapings are currently listed to take place Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays throughout the rest of the year.
Regarding her previous remark in regards to TNA ‘changing forever’, Carter wrote on June 11, “It’s 6:30 a.m. Been up for hours. So excited I can’t sleep. TNA’s about to change forever. Can’t wait to share it w/you, my staff, the talent.”

INTERESTING THING SOLOMONSTER BELIEVES WILL HAPPEN WHEN IMPACT GOES LIVE ON OCTOBER 7 AND BOUND FOR GLORY ON WHAT ABYSS MEANS.....Solomonster discusses Kevin Nash and Matt Hardy’s Twitter meltdowns, putting RVD in his place, breaking news on another wrestler death, Jim Neidhart’s arrest, Hulk Hogan’s hospital stay, Bound for Glory kickoff, ROH “Glory by Honor IX” results, Regal rapping on Superstars and a heartfelt PSA. Sound Off 125: RVD Gets Cocky, Kevin Nash Flips Out on Twitter

Guys I may be crazy but I am prefering the TNA product right now, its not much better but the WWE is crap right now, plus I think there may be some storyline shake ups after this weeks PPV...Just saying

Guys I may be crazy but I am prefering the TNA product right now, its not much better but the WWE is crap right now, plus I think there may be some storyline shake ups after this weeks PPV...Just saying
Agreed 100 percent.!!! BTW Flair's blade job was the lamest ever last night!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)