TNAP-3.0 is available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm trying to determine if there's a problem with using the 955Q with TNAP-3. The 955Q has been either going to sleep or turning off. I have reboot to get it to work again. This is happening on 2 osmio4k units.

I'm trying to determine if there's a problem with using the 955Q with TNAP-3. The 955Q has been either going to sleep or turning off. I have reboot to get it to work again. This is happening on 2 osmio4k units.
Mine has been working fine since Saturday using the 955Q and TNAP-3. No issues or glitches at all.

I guess I have a crummy setup. I had a lot of trouble with the ASC-1 (which I sold) also.

I have the OSMIO4K running the TNAP image that shipped with it. I also have several other images (openVIX, PurE2 and SatDreamGR) in the other slots.

I'd like to install TNAP-3 in one of the slots, probably replacing SatDreamGr.

Is there anything special I need to be aware of? Will it in any way affect my current TNAP instance? I'd like to try TNAP-3 but want to also keep TNAP for now

thanks

Reactions: c-spand
Just tried this, can't seem to get a signal from the HDMI. I can log into it (set up an IP for it in local DHCP), and get into the device from the web gui but nothing out to the TV. Is there somewhere to activate HDMI?

Yes I can bring it up on the webif and play with the settings but changing resolution and frequency doesn't seem to make a difference. Played around with the cables and tried another receiver on the HDMI, works fine. Still playing with it through the web gui and have it scanning 97W Ku. Doesn't seem to be finding anything.
Think I should go back to the previous OS (TNAP) it worked great but not sure how to do that without an interface (monitor)...

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes I tried a couple, they both worked on the other receiver and computer. I now have it playing through KODI through my laptop, one of the CBS channels on 97W. Works fine this way just a bit inconvienient to program the receiver.
Is SSH installed on the box, is there some commands I can use to configure the HDMI port? Maybe to check status? Kind of odd it was working fine before I "broke it". :|

The HDMI port is not disabled.

Did you try El Bandido's recommendation for loading a back-up configuration file after loading TNAP v.3?

Does TNAP v.1 (from multi-boot) video display properly?

To display the multiboot menu during a power up:
Press the remote control "MENU" button rapidly and repeatedly after plugging in the power cable. A multiboot screen will appear. Select slot #1 to return to the original TNAP V.1 image.

Thanks Brian,
Trying to get the timing right last evening getting it to boot while logging into the webif gui to get the multi-boot menu on the laptop. Busy morning here will try again later, the osmio4k has been powered off overnight. Lots of ham nets to do this am among other things. Expecting a major flood here besides the other "thing" going on. Interesting times!

Reactions: Titanium