TNAP-3.0 is available

Update, I was able to change back to the original TNAP image through the webif under main menu/ boot/multi-boot. It booted up and the HDMI works.
Thinking something may have been corrupted in the new TNAP file, it would occasionally freeze and had to unplug the box to reboot it twice. I might download it again and try to re-load it. Can't see why it would be problematic, it works on others' receivers. Maybe just a fluke..

I've had my Mio for a year next week. I experimented with various images during the following months and got everything the way I like it and no longer feel compelled to update anything. The box just works great day after day for my needs.

I tire of every device I own trying to update itself neverendingly and then dealing with the consequences of issues it creates with apps and drivers that now do not operate as they did. I have a laptop that Windows 10 thinks needs an updated driver for the touchpad which renders it inoperable for example.

I've had my Mio for a year next week. I experimented with various images during the following months and got everything the way I like it and no longer feel compelled to update anything. The box just works great day after day for my needs.

I tire of every device I own trying to update itself neverendingly and then dealing with the consequences of issues it creates with apps and drivers that now do not operate as they did. I have a laptop that Windows 10 thinks needs an updated driver for the touchpad which renders it inoperable for example.

I think developers are getting better at rigorous testing of new firmware and apps but I understand what you're saying. Also, a lot of electronic devices can be customized and that could cause some headaches, also, but could improve performance also.

Reactions: c-spand
I haven't found any downside to running TNAP v.3.

If you like the operation and not updating to latest and greatest plugins, stay with 1.0. If you are interested in an online updating image and using latest plug-ins, update to 3.0.

I haven't found any downside to running TNAP v.3.

If you like the operation and not updating to latest and greatest plugins, stay with 1.0. If you are interested in an online updating image and using latest plug-ins, update to 3.0.

How is the firmware/image updated? From the menu options?

The Software Update option checks for updates and gives you different options plus a recommended option for installing them.

Yeah but that is just for the apps. What about updating the image? When I look at the online images they show openpli images. In the original TNAP it wasn't a good idea to update the image from that repository or from any other source that isn't specifically designated for TNAP. Or has that changed with TNAP3?

I just updated the image but it overwrote the hostname that I gave it and the /etc/hosts file was overwritten. I'm not sure if anything else was overwritten. These things don't get overwritten on Ubuntu but I guess this isn't Ubuntu.

Is there a list somewhere of the differences between TNAP and TNAP-3?
2 differences that I'm aware of are the online updates and the lack of T2-MI support in TNAP-3

Does anyone know if the timer issue in TNAP (timers jumping to the year 2070) is resolved in TNAP3?

thanks

TNAP V.3 is based on the OpenPLI distro and not a modified SatDreamGR image. Supports current plugins and has the largest plugin list of any image.

TNAP1/2/3 images have not provided T2MI support as it degrades blindscan and service logging. I have been working with the tuner manufacturer for many months on driver development to support accurate blindscan, service logging and T2MI. We expect the upgraded drivers to be available for all images in the near future.

NTP time reference during start-up from deep standby keeps the clock accurate for DVR. The same issue applies for all images.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brct203 and mc6809e
Is there a list somewhere of the differences between TNAP and TNAP-3?
2 differences that I'm aware of are the online updates and the lack of T2-MI support in TNAP-3

Does anyone know if the timer issue in TNAP (timers jumping to the year 2070) is resolved in TNAP3?

thanks

I noticed that 2070 date stamps on one of my backup directories. I was wondering what caused that......

drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 32768 Mar 27 15:36 20700622_1304

All the other directory names began with 2019####### or 2020######

I noticed that 2070 date stamps on one of my backup directories. I was wondering what caused that......

drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 32768 Mar 27 15:36 20700622_1304

All the other directory names began with 2019####### or 2020######
You have the Hauppauge tv tuner right?
If so then go into plugins and red button to remove plugin, remove system time.
Now setup a startup service with an ATSC channel by when on the channel selection screen choose the channel you want to use and press menu and set as startup service.
Every time you reboot the receiver that channel will start and get the correct date and time.

You have the Hauppauge tv tuner right?
If so then go into plugins and red button to remove plugin, remove system time.
Now setup a startup service with an ATSC channel by when on the channel selection screen choose the channel you want to use and press menu and set as startup service.
Every time you reboot the receiver that channel will start and get the correct date and time.

I'd rather use NTP to get my time. The time should always be correct/accurate as long as I have an internet connection.

I'd rather use NTP to get my time. The time should always be correct/accurate as long as I have an internet connection.
That's fine but all I know is I use transponder time with over the air as startup service and my time stays correct and accurate as long as system time plugin is removed. Before I removed system time I got the 2070 date also.

Here's a quote from the Openpli wiki
"Having the right time is essential when using timers, as OpenPLi gets it at startup from a transponder, it is wise to make use of the Startup service. By doing so and choosing a reliable transponder you will always have the right time."

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)