TNT HD on D* 2/17/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good news. Any more HD programming is good news. NBA and some NASCAR in HD...and a million re-runs of stuff.

I swear, HD is like crack, once you watch something in it, you're addicted.

69 Z-28 said:
Yeah I agree. And for the Gatorade 150's also. Now if we could just get Fox to stop putting races on FX.

Still, it's great to have another HD channel. Thanks D*.

I was hoping that the new FOX-HD (not FOX network) channel would be up and carrying the NASCAR races from FX. But I have not heard anything else since they announced it way back when they announced NGC-HD.

I would like to know when the FOX HD channels are coming out. Now that we have TNT HD, we need another channel to start a cause on. Give me either InHD, or give me death.

bgilga said:
I would like to know when the FOX HD channels are coming out. Now that we have TNT HD, we need another channel to start a cause on. Give me either InHD, or give me death.

I think this one is gonna be caught up with the lawyers and courts. Cable has put up weird clause about digitial subscribers so it makes it costly for sat companies to carry since they are technically all digital. I know Dish and Directv would like the channels, it a matter of working out the legal logistics.

Look on the INHD website to see why you won't EVER see it on E* or D*

http://www.inhd.com/about.jsp

INHD and INHD2 are the most widely distributed HDTV networks on cable today. Available on Adelphia, Bright House, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox, and Time Warner cable systems, the channels are available to more than 47 million subscribers and service almost 2 million households. INHD and INHD2 are owned and operated by iN DEMAND Networks--the company?s shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

mikew said:
Look on the INHD website to see why you won't EVER see it on E* or D*

http://www.inhd.com/about.jsp

INHD and INHD2 are the most widely distributed HDTV networks on cable today. Available on Adelphia, Bright House, Cablevision, Comcast, Cox, and Time Warner cable systems, the channels are available to more than 47 million subscribers and service almost 2 million households. INHD and INHD2 are owned and operated by iN DEMAND Networks--the company?s shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

Oh dont say never, there is a cat fight going on in court, that Inhd wants to charge directv more $$ then Cable for carriage.

Brewer4 said:
Ding ding ding. We have our winner or whinner. Sorry cant spell. :)

Would you rather have fewer HD channels at the highest quality bandwidth (1920X1080) or many channels at HDLite standards (1280X1080)?

I'm a quality over quantinty guy.

Neutron said:
Would you rather have fewer HD channels at the highest quality bandwidth (1920X1080) or many channels at HDLite standards (1280X1080)?

I'm a quality over quantinty guy.

For now, I will take some HD-Lite. I want TNT-HD and will take in at 1280x1080 over SD. Because HD-Lite looks better than SD. In 12-18 months when D* has enough bandwidth to give us back 1920x1080 and then doesn't, at that point we will have a problem.

Flame away.

herdfan said:
For now, I will take some HD-Lite. I want TNT-HD and will take in at 1280x1080 over SD. Because HD-Lite looks better than SD. In 12-18 months when D* has enough bandwidth to give us back 1920x1080 and then doesn't, at that point we will have a problem.

Flame away.

Same here. I would rather watch TNT-HD in its current format than watch HDNet Movies in full force HD.

JMO

It's good that DirecTV has thrown us a bone. Only time will tell what happens next.[/QUOTE]

I hope D* has a couple more bones to throw (maybe with a little meat left on) during the year. One just doesn't satisfy my HD hunger! :hungry:

Sweet. Wish it was a week sooner but o-well what can you do. At least I will have HD for almost all the NASCAR races this year better then the 0 I was at last year. I could not get the NBC waiver but I had everything else a few weeks after fox was done. :(

boston area dtv said:
OK for all the D* bashing there should be lots of thumbs up today :up :up :up

Lets keep it going Directv!

:up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up Keep bringing on the good stuff, the I-channels are gone some bandwidth opened up keep`en coming D*, you can skip the VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM stuff however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)