Tnt Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Have seen that TNT HD is coming on line sometime in May. Anyone know how V* will be carrying it? In the Marquee Plus Pak perhaps?

I wouldn't think tnt would be a marquee. I would think it would be like discovery HD or Bravo HD.

Will TNT-HD just replace the SD TNT they already have then? I would think that would make the most sense.

My guess is that they will keep both services going since the "other" guys will be most likely unable to carry the new HD service. Was my impression that Discovery HD and Bravo HD were in the Marquee Plus Pak---

also you don't know, some like Bravo HD are different programming..if it's the same i doubt it will have 24/7 HD

rang1995 said:
also you don't know, some like Bravo HD are different programming..if it's the same i doubt it will have 24/7 HD
I believe TNTHD may carry some badly needed sports broadcasting. ANd voom needs all it can get right now.

I thought Bravo and HD were in that pack too, but when I signed up for the Basic pack, it has both of those channels listed in there.

vurbano said:
I believe TNTHD may carry some badly needed sports broadcasting. ANd voom needs all it can get right now.

Exactly, I'm pretty psyched that they will be adding this channel. Maybe we'll get to see some NBA Playoffs in HD after all. Come on VOOM get on the ball and add ESPN HD too! :D

Who knows... I've given up trying to predict anything Voom will do lately unless it somehow involves screwing me.

Voom needs this badlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Turner Broadcasting System will launch a high-definition version of Turner Network Television (TNT) in May. The new network, TNT HD, will feature the channel's mix of off-net series, theatrical movies, sports and originals.

TNT HD will debut with the National Basketball Association Western Conference Finals in HD (1080i). It will feature a mix of true HD content, including NBA and NASCAR events and originals, while other programming, will be upconverted from standard definition.

TNT plans to make its original shows in HD, beginning with the terrorism drama The Grid, a series slated to debut this summer.

For production, the network recently purchased a full complement of Fujinon HD ENG-style lenses to shoot program elements and has outfitted its new HD truck with Ikegami HD cameras for a variety of sports and other programs.

Not really... Voom specifically gills their transponder to full capacity with repeated channels just to make sure it's working. That aside, you'd think they'd be happy to announce something.

I just called and the sales rep hadn't heard anything about TNT HD. She did give me the prototypical "when it becomes available we will prolly start negotiations" So I laughed at her and said kinda like those ESPN Negotiations and she didn't think it was too funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)