To those of you with HR24 and AM21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is really interesting as I have had NO problems recording OTA at all, so far, now as I said, I haven't recorded much of late because my series are over now, but till then 90 % of my recordings are OTA.

It is definitely a hit-and-miss thing -- some people, depending on the stations in their area -- have no problems at all. For me, it only affects FOX OTA. Even if I just leave the machine buffering live TV on that channel, if I come back in a few hours and try to do something such as rewind, it immediately jumps to the beginning of the buffer and then gets stuck. Can't do anything to get out of it except change the channel.

If you were having the problem, you definitely would have experienced it by now, so I would say you are safe.

Is the HR20-100 immune from these issues?

No. I have a pair of HR20s and they both experience this problem. They're HR20-700s, but I don't think that would make any difference.

According to one old thread on the "other" forum, DirecTV is aware of this problem and it working to fix it. However, that info was posted many months ago, so it remains to be seen if that is still the case.

It is definitely a hit-and-miss thing -- some people, depending on the stations in their area -- have no problems at all. For me, it only affects FOX OTA. Even if I just leave the machine buffering live TV on that channel, if I come back in a few hours and try to do something such as rewind, it immediately jumps to the beginning of the buffer and then gets stuck. Can't do anything to get out of it except change the channel.

If you were having the problem, you definitely would have experienced it by now, so I would say you are safe.

Have they dl'ed any new software of late ?

No. I have a pair of HR20s and they both experience this problem. They're HR20-700s, but I don't think that would make any difference.

According to one old thread on the "other" forum, DirecTV is aware of this problem and it working to fix it. However, that info was posted many months ago, so it remains to be seen if that is still the case.

So you've been having this trouble for months ?

Is the HR20-100 immune from these issues? I bought an owned one to add to my install.

I probably will add a AM21 to one of my HR24s as well.....instead of using a rotator...I think I'd rather have one antenna pointed at Minneapolis (VIKINGS) and the other pointed at LaCrosse, WI (PACKERS) and just dedicate one to one and the other to the other.

So, I'm curious....which OTA tuner has the fewest issues.

You mean between the HR20 's and the AM21's ?
I haven't had any trouble with either of them, have been using a HR20-700 since '06, AM-21 for a month I guess.
Lets hope it stays that way :)

So you've been having this trouble for months ?

Yes. I would say it started in June or July of 2009. No one seems to be know whether it was caused by a software update or something else. The only thing that is certain (at least according to other threads) is that DirecTV's engineers are aware of the problem. My guess would be that they're not putting too many resources into finding a solution, as it just doesn't affect that many subscribers. I'm hoping that someday it will magically be fixed ...

All of the blank recordings have stopped, and other minor bugs while watching deleting OTA have stopped, since I started recording HD sat locals only.

Q. Could it be POSSIBLE that your remote is sticking ?

Q. Could it be POSSIBLE that your remote is sticking ?

Not unless they ALL are. :D I've got four different D* remotes around here, plus a Harmony One -- all machines recording FOX OTA have the same problem. Now my wife is telling me that the same thing is happening when she tries to record ABC OTA. She missed her soap two days in a row and is not pleased! I just had her switch the recordings over to satellite instead.

Not unless they ALL are. :D I've got four different D* remotes around here, plus a Harmony One -- all machines recording FOX OTA have the same problem. Now my wife is telling me that the same thing is happening when she tries to record ABC OTA. She missed her soap two days in a row and is not pleased! I just had her switch the recordings over to satellite instead.

So they all are doing it, that would eliminate that.

Do me a favor, not sure if this will help at all, but .....

Take your Harmony remote and don't use it for a few days, even take the batteries out of it, seeing it's the only one thats set up specially for D*, they D* remotes are designed that way.

Anyways, I'm wondering if your getting a signal from another device that is causing this to happen ?

Do me a favor, not sure if this will help at all, but .....

Take your Harmony remote and don't use it for a few days, even take the batteries out of it, seeing it's the only one thats set up specially for D*, they D* remotes are designed that way.

Anyways, I'm wondering if your getting a signal from another device that is causing this to happen ?

Hmmm, that could be a problem, since if the Harmony is not in the living room, there are others in the house that might have a problem firing up the system. :D

I don't believe that could be the problem though, since the issue happens on three other DVRs that are in other rooms and far, far away from anything the Harmony is sending out. One of them is even set to RF mode, which the Harmony does not do.

I'd be more worried about it if not for the fact that this problem has been widely reported, especially in that "other" forum. There are even posts there that say D* is "absolutely" aware of it and hope to come up with a fix.

Hmmm, that could be a problem, since if the Harmony is not in the living room, there are others in the house that might have a problem firing up the system. :D

I don't believe that could be the problem though, since the issue happens on three other DVRs that are in other rooms and far, far away from anything the Harmony is sending out. One of them is even set to RF mode, which the Harmony does not do.

I'd be more worried about it if not for the fact that this problem has been widely reported, especially in that "other" forum. There are even posts there that say D* is "absolutely" aware of it and hope to come up with a fix.

All good points ...
I was just wondering if some signal was interfering....
We've already seen remotes/recvrs not work due to the Automatic Light sensor emmiting from the TV as well as other erroneous RF .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)