To those who have swapped out Hoppers

I think the wrinkled bulldog avatar adds to the codger image. :)

No worries, I'm more than halfway to codger curmudgeon and proud of it. ;)

?Hope your mom recovers quickly.

I was told if I upgraded mine I would lose my grandfathered fee price even though others have said that they were told it wouldn't. Tell us if it gets corrected.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

WHO told you that?

I have a PM from Zach saying my fees would not change. So, I'm covered. Someone above said their account ALREADY showed higher fee. I checked mine...no activity shown since last billing statement.

Only in the last day or so have contrary rumors started.

Dirt is the word.

When I added my Hopper 2.0 after I paired the remote from the Hopper it was replacing it recognized that there were settings backed up to the remote and asked me if I wanted to restore them. It was all automatic, I did not need to press 0 for the system wizard to restore.

My "Bulldog" wrinkles are now worse since Brad Stevens went to Coach the Celtics.

Just wondering, do you not have to reset your timers when exchanging hoppers?

As long as you backed up your timers on the H2k , you can pair your old remote to the HwS and restore.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Hoppers automatically backup timers and settings to the remote every few days so you don't have to remember to do this.

WHO told you that?

I have a PM from Zach saying my fees would not change. So, I'm covered. Someone above said their account ALREADY showed higher fee. I checked mine...no activity shown since last billing statement.

Only in the last day or so have contrary rumors started.

Dirt is the word.

I contacted DIRT the other night and was told it would increase. I've had the hopper since about a week or so after launch.

Yup, so if you want it to be 100% up-to-date then probably best to back up your timers right before you disconnect your old Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner
Yep, just did it earlier this evening. Thanks for all your input.

Both of us home now. Got her wrapped and strapped...for a few days.

Glad you all are home.

No kidding me too. It kind of hit home yesterday on a job where I was dealing with these young people. Brother(20) & sister(18), parents were working & left them there for me to deal with. Honestly they were both great kids & the boy helped me bury over 100' of wire while his sister kept us hydrated with ice water. I am as old if not older than their parents. Oh my lord, the girl ran around the whole time in a 2 piece bikini that had my heart skipping beats. :eek: Yup I felt like a codger around them.

Kab no offense but I always considered a codger to be a generation older than me & not sure 100% but guessing you were born before 1955? Without saying my actual age my mother was born in 1950 & father 1946. To me it seems people a generation above me have a certain peculiar way to them, you just fit the profile. :D

When you're ready to tackle that hopper give us a shout. :)

Yep, just did it earlier this evening. Thanks for all your input.

You're welcome and good luck (not only with Hopper, but with life. I know how it is to have an elderly mother with a fall injury. Things can change in an instant, very stressful.) Post here if you need any more help, but think we covered all bases :) .

You're welcome and good luck (not only with Hopper, but with life. I know how it is to have an elderly mother with a fall injury. Things can change in an instant, very stressful.)

That is fact!!! It's hard to tell a PROUD parent they can not do what they are used to doing...driving, living in her home, and now, walking. She fell while on a walker. Next hard reality, wheelchair or Scooter (but she would certainly kill someone with one of those). ;)

Think I might yet tackle the Hopper yet tonight...still wound up after the ER. Will shout if need be. THANK YOU for thoughts.!

Kent

Glad you all are home.

Kab no offense but I always considered a codger to be a generation older than me & not sure 100% but guessing you were born before 1955? Without saying my actual age my mother was born in 1950 & father 1946. To me it seems people a generation above me have a certain peculiar way to them, you just fit the profile. :D

When you're ready to tackle that hopper give us a shout. :)

Pretty damn close! 1953. Again, curious, if you would expand on "peculiar way". I have a pretty good idea, but to keep myself in check, would like to know your definition.

Hoppers automatically backup timers and settings to the remote every few days so you don't have to remember to do this.

Is there anything special I need to do, other then use my old remote? When I swap out Hoppers

I was told if I upgraded mine I would lose my grandfathered fee price even though others have said that they were told it wouldn't. Tell us if it gets corrected.

What setup are you trying to switch to? Do you mind sending me a PM with your account information? I want to research this further.

Just swapped the 2nd HWS tonight (did the 1st one last night). Looked at mydish.com and am being charged $12 for DVR service, $12 for one hopper, $7 each for two other hoppers and $7 each for two joeys. Thing is I only have two hoppers and two joeys. Plus I was assured my fees wouldn't change. Looks like I'll need to contact DIRT to fix the mess.

Has anyone looked at this yet? Send me a PM if no one has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts