To those who have swapped out Hoppers

Will try that next....but will try it in the morning, thanks for your help I will post updates

It'll probably work... Just get DIRT to send your new receiver a hit tomorrow, that should do it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I did not receive a return shipping label. How did others return their old hopper?

There should be a label on the new hopper box that you can peel, it has your address. Once you peel it off you will see the shipping address and stick back on the box to return your old hopper

HWS on its way(thanx Zach!) but question on remotes.....do I use the remote that comes with the new HWS to set it up then once done, pair the old remote in order to restore setting?

Right, I want to play recordings off the EHD, but as I am connected to the new hopper is when I am getting the warning issue

Same issue here. When I upgraded from 722k to Hopper, it took almost 20 hours before the EHD was recognized. When my Hopper was replaced, it took about 2 hours after the "EHD was for different account do you want to reformat it" warning for it to be recognized. I guess the lesson is "patience" with a little "faith".

Pair the old one, that's where the saved settings are...
Yes, I understand the settings are backed up to the existing remote but if I remember right, when I had one of my Hoppers exchanged last year due to malfunction, I wasn't able to use my old remote to set up my new box. Is there an option during set up to pair the remote or do I use the new remote to set up then after pair my old remote. Hope that makes sense and sorry if this is a silly question but I just don't remember.

Yes, I understand the settings are backed up to the existing remote but if I remember right, when I had one of my Hoppers exchanged last year due to malfunction, I wasn't able to use my old remote to set up my new box. Is there an option during set up to pair the remote or do I use the new remote to set up then after pair my old remote. Hope that makes sense and sorry if this is a silly question but I just don't remember.
My new remote is still in the plastic bag. On screen set up will take you to Remote wizard. You SHOULD not have change your settings. But for some reason, I had to re-link my AV receiver. You should have been able to use the old remote the last time around.

let's say he wanted to use the new one after restoring his settings. can it be done after you've restored your backup?

let's say he wanted to use the new one after restoring his settings. can it be done after you've restored your backup?

Yup! Can even back up the restored settings to the new remote.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Starting work on installing the first of 2. Software almost done downloading. Wish me luck. No instructions in either box as they said there would be so going from what I gleaned here (as usual).

Starting work on installing the first of 2. Software almost done downloading. Wish me luck. No instructions in either box as they said there would be so going from what I gleaned here (as usual).

Check out channel 103 when they get them up and running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)