Today is May 17th, Do You Know Where Your TNTHD Is?

Apparently, there is no HD content yet showing on TNT-HD. It's all 4:3 upconverts so far today. It remains to be seen how much HD this channel will have in the near term. They will be doing the National Basketball Association Western Conference Finals in HD this month; after that, no sports are expected in HD until late July or August, when they plan to do some NASCAR in HD. Their first original series programming in HD is slated for this summer.
Doesn't sound like we'll be missing much until this summer, even if VOOM doesn't add it.

And this is compelling HD content to Charlie? ROFLMAO.
I still have the HD Pack as well.

stucky_boss said:
it will only be special events and some movies. It will not be a continuos broadcast. It will be similar to ESPN HD.

edit - if we are going to get it, it should be soon...
Yeah but I bet they wont stretch the sd, at least I hope not, if they just upconvert it it will still look good.

Ken F said:
Doesn't sound like we'll be missing much until this summer, even if VOOM doesn't add it.
We dont have much now. No sports subs, MLB,ST, no center ice, No NBA TV,No RSNs, not one hockey game in 1080i, no inhd hockey or bball, no hdnet hockey or college bball. We need this network. Hey Voom? what about the sports fans in the US? Can ya do something for us? WOrldsport will be highly successful when you have a sat to reach europe.

There's nothing in HD on TNT-HD yet, afaik. It's just upconverted 4:3 content.

The first HD broadcast on TNT-HD is scheduled for this Friday at 9pm, game one of the NBA Western Conference Finals. Until Friday, VOOM customers won't be missing anything.

It remains to be seen how much HD this channel will have in the near term. After the the National Basketball Association Western Conference Finals in HD, no sports are expected in HD until late July or August, when they plan to do some NASCAR in HD. Their first original series programming in HD is slated for this summer. They are expected to do some of their dramas (Law and Order) and movies in HD every week---with commercials--but it's not clear how many hours per week this will represent.

DarrellP said:
OK, this is somewhat correct, ESPNHD is actually being transmitted in 1080i for now.
Dont even go there, ESPNHD 720p hockey doesnt compare to true 1080i hockey that hdnet or inhd shows.

vurbano,

We dont have much now. No sports subs, MLB,ST, no center ice, No NBA TV,No RSNs, not one hockey game in 1080i, no inhd hockey or bball, no hdnet hockey or college bball. We need this network. Hey Voom? what about the sports fans in the US? Can ya do something for us? WOrldsport will be highly successful when you have a sat to reach europe.
Of course we need TNT-HD. The question is, do we need TNT-HD now? There's apparently no HD programming on this channel before Friday. After the WCF, no sports on TNT until late July or August.

The NBA and NHL regular seasons are over. Except for MLS, the sports packages for regular season games are all done for the season. NHL on Hdnet is done for the season. MLB and MLS are the only professional sports left with regular season games right now, and we have two MLB games a week in HD on ESPN-HD (but not the games on InHD or our local RSNs).

Next season, I expect we'll have the sports packages using the new 72 degree slot.

vurbano said:
Dont even go there, ESPNHD 720p hockey doesnt compare to true 1080i hockey that hdnet or inhd shows.
I knew that statement woulld get ya! ;) Yeah, I have HDNET also and I agree, the hockey is much better in 1080i. :yes