Today is May 17th, Do You Know Where Your TNTHD Is?

Ken F said:
vurbano,

What MLB? TNT doesn't do MLB. TNT doesn't do NASCAR until July 25th.
pardon me I meant NBA playoffs sorry. And there is really no excuse to let another sat company, especially dish, beat you to it when your running around bragging about being the leader in HD and supposedly have all this bandwidth. Its not as if TNT is a premium channel like espn.

Does voom have the cash to sign any more contracts, since they havent funded the spinoff yet?

vurbano,

The only cost should be the extra fee per subscriber. ESPN reportedly wanted an extra 70-80 cents per HD subscriber for ESPN-HD, but I suspect TNT-HD is significantly less. Keep in mind that VOOM still only has capacity left for 2-3 new HD channels, until they roll out the larger dish this fall.

Ken F said:
vurbano,

The only cost should be the extra fee per subscriber. ESPN reportedly wanted an extra 70-80 cents per HD subscriber for ESPN-HD, but I suspect TNT-HD is significantly less. Keep in mind that VOOM still only has capacity left for 2-3 new HD channels, until they roll out the larger dish this fall.
My guess is TBS isnt far behind. They have the MLB Braves games, I guess I had Turner on the Brain..lmao. But TNT also shows the reruns of some of the WB programs like "Angel" which is shot in HD but my sucky affiliate doesnt broadcast in HD. Id watch last year all over again to see it in HD.

As far as capacity goes, dump Moov and run 2 old movies on Cinema5 until you have the bandwidth, but get the HD channels on the air!

TWC was the first to get TNTHD, and they own Turner dont they? I hope this wont be withheld from voom because its a cablevision company?

vurbano said:
My guess is TBS isnt far behind. They have the MLB Braves games, I guess I had Turner on the Brain..lmao. But TNT also shows the reruns of some of the WB programs like "Angel" which is shot in HD but my sucky affiliate doesnt broadcast in HD. Id watch last year all over again to see it in HD.

There was a rumor on AVS about the Braves games in HD starting 6/04. It was speculated that they might use TNT-HD to show those games. Just speculation.

didnt TBS do the NBA allstar game in HD, I thought I watched that on D*. ANyway these Turner channels have great programming and would be very valuable in HD. Even if the movies are a little older or if there are reruns of some WB series on them. More and more of these things are being shot in hd and I wouldnt mind HD reruns one bit.

I'll be VERY annoyed with Voom if they don't add TNT-HD in time for the Western Conference Finals. If they don't want to do a full launch yet, at least show the games on some sort of special events channel!!

If they don't add TNT-HD right away, my local TWC will have 5 HD channels that I can't get through Voom (HDnet, HDNet Movies, INHD, INHD2, TNT-HD). That's absurd.

If Voom "only" has room to add two or three more channels - I'd like to see them use it!!

Ken F said:
Darrell,

Please report back on if/when you see any HD on TNT-HD.
Ken, I could not see 9420 in the Guide last night. I put my Guide to All Channels and nothing was in that area. :(

deArgila said:
I'll be VERY annoyed with Voom if they don't add TNT-HD in time for the Western Conference Finals. If they don't want to do a full launch yet, at least show the games on some sort of special events channel!!

If they don't add TNT-HD right away, my local TWC will have 5 HD channels that I can't get through Voom (HDnet, HDNet Movies, INHD, INHD2, TNT-HD). That's absurd.

If Voom "only" has room to add two or three more channels - I'd like to see them use it!!
Yes it is absurd. Voom owned by a cable company cant get inhd1 or 2 on air after 6 months? And a mainstream HD channel, TNTHD is going live and no indication of when they plan to add it?

well we havce voom exlusives right? so why do we need mainstream channels. i am so busy watchin hdcinema10 and worldsport i dont even have time to watch anything else.

^^^^^^ sarcasm

Something new in HD must be coming!!! On the Voom website, it says 39 HD channels (as of 6-1-04). There are currently 35 HD channels. What will be the other 4????????????

On the Voom website, it says 39 HD channels (as of 6-1-04). There are currently 35 HD channels.
I think there are currently 36. Don't forget to count the Inside VOOM and Playboy HD channels. If they'll have 39 as of 6-1-04, that would be three new HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)